Kuhn Global BLUE SCREEN - SS TIE Interceptor built by OOT

Kuhn Global

Sr Member
Well.... this Studio Scale NICE-N-DESIGNS beastie arrived on my doorstep yesterday from Bob, and I ripped open the box like a kid on Christmas morning! LOLOLOLOLOL

attachment.php

Let me first say that Bob did a MASTERFUL job on the beastie!!! Thank you my friend!
icon_biggrin.gif
Once again you have proved to be one of the best in your field sir! You are AWESOME!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Next I would like to thank NICE-N-DESIGNS owner, and co-master of this great kit, Steve Neisen! Steve honored me with one of the first castings, and delivered it to me with great haste!
icon_biggrin.gif
This kit ROCKS Steve!
icon_biggrin.gif

I would also like to thank the other co-master of this beastie.... John Curillia!! DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! You detail work on this is FANTASTIC!!! VERY NICE!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

That stated, anyone wishing to order one of these kits may do so with Steve through his email,... (nicen-model-designs@comcast.net )
icon_wink.gif
Please keep in mind that Steve is going through a huge family move to another state and he may take awhile to return your email inquiry.
icon_wink.gif

Now... As soon as Bob posted his first photos of this build, I wanted to take a photo of it with the other two TIE's he built for me! So here ya go!!!

attachment.php

The detail on this model is TOP OF THE LINE!! I attempted to take photos of that detail so that you may all see what I speak of.

As with the Studio TIE's, Bob painted this bird the original studio Blue that is similar to what was done on the REAL studio models used for filming. In taking photos of this beastie, I understand why everyone thought they were gray. With the lighting and diffusing I used, I found it quite hard to keep the model actually "looking" blue as it painted. Like the original compositing done in the film, the colors seem to wash out to gray easily. That said, Bob again nailed this paint job to be exactly like the original!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy the photos! I also included a zip file of them for easier downloading as I am doing for all the models I photograph now.

In my attempt to add files as thumbnails to this thread, my file sizes are too large for the "Manage Attachments" area option to handle. :( So here is a link to all the photos and zip file...

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=1990

Thanks for looking!
icon_biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Pictures are awesome.Bob did a outstanding job on the build.Got my interceptor last week.Need to finish my AT-ST before I start on it.

Dave

Pictures are awesome.Bob did a outstanding job on the build.Got my interceptor last week.Need to finish my AT-ST before I start on it.

Dave

That is awesome Dave! I can't wait to view your build! :D

Question for the mods...

I keep trying to show images in the thread above, but I think it is not accepting image links from where they are hosted... which is on the RI. That is where I store all me photos online now. I would rather show them outright here, but even with placing the image tags on the link it is not doing for me. LOLOLOL... I know it sounds funny since I have been posting here for a few years, but how do I link the photos to show them here? :$

That's a great shot:)
Kurt~! You always give me a pleasure w/ great pics.

That is awesome Dave! I can't wait to view your build! :D

Question for the mods...

I keep trying to show images in the thread above, but I think it is not accepting image links from where they are hosted... which is on the RI. That is where I store all me photos online now. I would rather show them outright here, but even with placing the image tags on the link it is not doing for me. LOLOLOL... I know it sounds funny since I have been posting here for a few years, but how do I link the photos to show them here? :$

ANH were gray, TESB were blue and ROTJ were blue and gray (Interceptor blue).

I(ve heard that the ANH TIE was also blue but toned down to gray due to compositing problem at this time (compositing was improved for TESB).

Great job Bob, as always !

Great work by Bob there Kurt, he is cranking out the models these days left and right.

Also, you have become quite the master at the blue screen.... most impressive

G

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back