MR Boba Fett Helmet Converted to Jango?

Rumsfield

I can score an MR Boba Fett helmet for pretty cheap and it got me thinking about how much it would take to convert it over to a Jango Helmet.

I know there are some real Fett pros on here so what do you think? Is the visor a different color? Who can offer the best painting skills and would like to tackle this project?

Any ideas? Has anyone already done this? Let me know, thanks!

Jeff

I already have the MR Boba and I just want the two helmets to be from the same maker I guess. Same electronics. Synergy and all that...

Considering most folks just get a kit (like Sarges) and convert it over I don't see why you could not, I think it would be cool. Someone at the dented helmet stripped all the pain off theirs to modify some stuff and (except for in dent which you could fill) it looks like a Jango waiting for paint. I think it would work great. I'm jelous, I can't even afford a Boba one:cry... but I think it is a good idea.:thumbsup

Considering the Jango is a completely different sculpt and a radically different helmet I wouldn't do it. All the advice above is good sound advice.

Lee

Thanks, that's exactly the insight I was looking for. I totally forgot about efx coming into the mix. When do they announce their new lineup? July?

Thanks again!

Jeff

Considering the Jango is a completely different sculpt and a radically different helmet I wouldn't do it. All the advice above is good sound advice.

Lee

Now I am curious...
Generally speaking, what makes it "a radically different helmet"?
Such a strong statement I figure maybe I am missing something big, and since I am making one myself I thought it may be a good time to ask.:)

I'm no expert but i think the earcaps different ? not sure about the RF ?? doesn't have the little greeblie on the cheek, think theres some size difference.

Now I am curious...
Such a strong statement I figure maybe I am missing something big, and since I am making one myself I thought it may be a good time to ask.:)

Well...since you asked...

Here are some comparison shots between my Jango helmet cast off a real ILM Jango helmet with a Boba helmet cast off one of the real ILM Boba helmets (exact lineage unknown but it did come from one of the original Boba helmets).

BF_1986_JF1.jpg

BF_1986_JF2.jpg

More Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Banzai88/FettHelmet1986?authkey=RrLTG1tC-Ag

Now I am curious...

hehe... you should know by know that "radically different" to the experts here may mean a few millimeters or degrees of difference or a few odd greeblies that are unnoticeable to the mainstream crowd :lol:):wacko

that's why this place is so great

Basically from info Brak's buddy posted and as suspected the helmet was not molded from anything original it was all sculpted from scratch and resized to fit a smaller actor.

Lee

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me, all good then. I know the size difference was an actor thing, but since Boba is a clone it makes more since it a "movie realism" way to have them be the same size. The other differences seem minimal to me and it should make for an easy conversion (for my standards) from a Boba to a Jango.
Thanks for the help, I didn't want to miss something I would think is big.:thumbsup

I was thinking along those same lines Knight... If young Boba picked up his daddy's helmet in the arena shouldn't everything be pretty much the same on it by the time we see him in Empire? Considering that he is indeed using the same armor, aside from the idea that he changes a couple of things on it the size should be the same.

That's what got me thinking about this possible project of mine to begin with.

Jeff

Oh no, Jeff, that will not work at all. Give up, just get rid of that helmet before it get frustrating. I will help you out and take it off your hands (kinda like a garbage man) heck I will even pay for the postage.:love

I have a Sgt. fang that I am using for a Jango, but I have done nothing but trim it, and cut out the visor so I still have a "little bit" of work to do:rolleyes

I was thinking along those same lines Knight... If young Boba picked up his daddy's helmet in the arena shouldn't everything be pretty much the same on it by the time we see him in Empire? Considering that he is indeed using the same armor, aside from the idea that he changes a couple of things on it the size should be the same.

That's what got me thinking about this possible project of mine to begin with.

Jeff

It's not the same armour. Jango has Mandalorian Iron (beskar'gam) while Boba's armour is durasteel. Boba picked up Jango's helmet, but he didn't keep all his armour. Boba buried Jango on Geonosis.

It's not the same armour. Jango has Mandalorian Iron (beskar'gam) while Boba's armour is durasteel. Boba picked up Jango's helmet, but he didn't keep all his armour. Boba buried Jango on Geonosis.
He did bury him there but he did take the armour off first, he may not be using it, but it was not on Jango when he was buried (just read the book with that scene in it last night!)

I believe Boba wears Jaster Mereel's armor that Jango took after Jaster died. At any rate, in-universe or not, Jango and Boba's armor/helmet are not the same.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back