Rambo First Blood Pt II - Which knife to go for?

G17RDY

Sr Member
Hey All,

Ok so after watching the new Rambo (which i thought was pretty kick ass!!) i'm on a bit of a Rambo kick now.

So i've decided on buying a Replica knife from Rambo First Blood Pt II (Pt I will be next)
However there are a few versions out there, so i'm looking for advice on which one to go for.
I've searched the threads, and cannot find any which draws comparisions or reviews the quality of any of the Rambo knife replicas (apologies if there are existing threads, i'm possibly just not looking hard enough)

So can any fellow RPF'ers offer any advice on the quality of these replicas at all.

Primarily i'm looking between the United Cutley First Blood Pt II and the New Signiture edition as shown on the Hollywood collectables group website. Both are similarily priced at around £85 - £90.

Any thoughts on what i should lean towards?

I think the originals Rambo Prt 1 and 2 were Jimmy Lile knifes (Part 3 is a Hibben knife) and you can TRY to find some original Lyle's for about $1800-2000...

The first affordable Rambo knifes replicas were made by United Cutlery....the first one to be made and nice, and yes, nowadays HCG is releasing the three Rambo knifes as "anniversary" or "signature" models. I really have no idea if the HCG are better than the UC but personally, I would prefer to buy a UC first one made.
FRED

Last edited:
how about an original ?

they are really cheap to come by these days :lol

LILE067Auction1.jpg

-joerg

Whaouhhhh....I was a little bit far when I said "$1800-2000" !!!! Since Jimmy's death, his babies cost an eye...or two.

FRED

I have a real Lile "Mission" made for me by the man himself back in teh late 80s while stationed at Ft Bragg :)

Are you planning to use or display. Any'll do if your displaying. I wouldn't recommend using a UC or HCG though.

Mass produced crap metal.

Thanks for the responses guys and gals.

As much as i would to get my hands on a Jimmy Lile, its a little beyond my budget right now. I can only dream!!

I purley want one for display, i'm just undecided in which is the better quality knife to go for.
I like the fact the UC is more screen accurate though, as as much as the sig edition is nice, i think the sig kinda draws your attention away from the knife, and somehow it looks like a mass produced knife.

I think i will go for the UC version, i found a website offering the PtI knifes without sheaths for around £85 - I'm not too bothered about the sheath, would be nice, but i cant find any other websites here in the UK offering the PtI UC knife at all.
Then again i do really want that PtII knife, geez, decisions decisions!!!

Are you planning to use or display. Any'll do if your displaying. I wouldn't recommend using a UC or HCG though.

Mass produced crap metal.

I think they are pretty good.Not something I'd carry but a heck of alot better then some of the current stuff out there. But thats just my2 cents

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back