H.P. Death Eater mask toy conversion

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I've been wanting to try this for a long time, but now that they're becoming available cheaply (got mine for £12), I decided to try converting the Harry Potter Lucius Malfoy Death Eater Voice Changer Mask. It seems like an obvious thing to do, but I've not seen any converted before. So here's mine. :)

DSCF4504.jpg

DSCF4503-1.jpg

Here is the unconverted mask (though I've cut out the right mouth slot in this picture). It's pretty nice, but the mouth slots haven't been cut out on it and there are big horrible slots cut in the forehead for the microphone.

DeathEater3.jpg

So first thing I did was rip out the voice changer unit from inside (it's rubbish) and cut down the pegs that held it in place (these dig in to your face otherwise!). Then I used Milliput to fill the microphone slots and sanded it smooth. I used a scalpel to cut out the slots in the mouth area.

After that I primed the whole thing white and painted it from scratch.

DeathEater5.jpg
DeathEater4.jpg
DSCF4613.jpg

These pics were taken in really harsh sunlight, so the metallic paint effect is actually a subtler than it appears.

Last edited:
cool!! I'll try to get one. Could you post a pic wearing it to see how big it is?

Good job !!

Last edited:
No problem. Here you go:

DSCF4614.jpg
DSCF4615.jpg

And with the hood/tunic that comes with it (not bad, but really cheap, flimsy material):

DSCF4616.jpg
DSCF4617.jpg

It's a really good fit and the strap around the back of the head is adjustable. You get Malfoy's snake wand with it as well which I originally planned on repainting, but the way it's cast and put together, there are way too many missing details and ugly seams for it to be worth the effort.

I thought the design was very Dr Doom, but great job looks much better :thumbsup

I agree. I did toy with the idea of getting another, sanding off all the "scoll work", completely redoing the mouth area, adding panel details and rivets and turning it into a custom Dr Doom helmet, but I have too many other things that need done more.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back