Blake's 7 prop replicas?

If they ever do make a new version maybe this could be the base for the new teleport bracelet?

watchcam.jpg

It's a watch cam concept by a German designer from 2007.

If there's enough interest then I should be able to make that happen. Please check my junkyard thread.

Cheers,

Wake
Martin Bowers bracelets are excellent.
I aquired a couple from a run he did for horizon.org.uk
There is something very pleasing about ownIng
a small piece of hIs work.

B72.jpg

Last edited:
Although Martin gets the Perspex for his replica teleport bracelets specially cast, he hasn't deliberately changed the colour. He says that it's still the same, but "it's just one of those colours that change colour with the refraction of light."

He also said:

I can't make the Liberator guns as they are not my copyright. The Troopers
guns are all mine so I can do those, but I used a car air freshener for the
front and a cheap camera Tripod for the telescopic shoulder butt. However
these are not made these days & scratch-building them is just way too
expensive!

I wonder who does own the copyright on the Liberator pistols. B7 Media or a different designer/prop maker. Any ideas?

The latest issue of Sci Fi and Fantasy Modeller (vol 16) has an article on scratch-building the bracelets using a section of drainpipe as the base.

I thought there was already a remake of Blake's 7. It was really good; but they changed the title and called it "Firefly".

Seriously, I wouldn't want to see a remake of Blake's 7. I think the new Doctor Who is great, but Doctor Who has changes of cast and sets built-in to the premise of the show -- new Who isn't a "reboot", it's just a continuation of what's gone before. With Blake's 7, they'd have to start over, and I'm not optimistic that they could match the greatness of the original.

Meanwhile, re-creating a costume or two from Blake's 7 has been on my list for too long. I'll need to get going on that.

Here's a link to the Blake's 7 Technical manual some enterprising fan has helpfully scanned for us!

http://www.majorracal.com/pdf/Blake's 7 Technical Manual/Blake's 7 Technical Manual Pt 1.pdf

This link doesn't appear to be working anymore. If anyone has the PDF of the manual would they mind posting a link to it.
Thanks.

As for the show I'd say that whilst it is looking very dated these days it still has that 'something' that made it special in the first place. Avon is still as great as I remember, especially his exchanges with Vila.
A remake won't be as good as the original but I'm still interested to see what they do with it and how much they change.

Below is a gun I made inspired by the federation handgun.

I would LOVE to make a federation helmet - any one have any ideas on making the gas mask section? what to use, etc ?

The blakes7.com web site home page has an interesting 'update' version of a federation helmet : http://www.flickr.com/photos/28147944@N04/4526471913/
Very cool.

Anyway, here is my blaster...

blaster-gun-laser-pistol-sci-fi-art-sculpture-1.jpg

(there are more shots of it here)
http://www.marty.com.au/sci-fi-gallery/art-sculpture/4-blaster.html

have to make a teleport bracelet too - but that wont be that hard...

If my memory serves me right, and these words really should be said aloud in such a brillant forum but years ago Blue Peter once showed you how to make a braclet out of a squash bottle and that old favorite sticky back plastic. Look good when you were a kid.

My first big prop purchase was a Blake's 7 gun & bracelet from Marco Ent. I had no idea about authorized or official back then; I was 12 or 13. I can't imagine it was a big seller for them. I had to save up my allowance because it was between a $100-200. I remember getting it and it not being an exact replica and feeling a bit disappointed. Either way I had one and my brother didn't so he was gonna be the one gettin' shot at. And 20 + years later I still have the darn thing.

This link doesn't appear to be working anymore. If anyone has the PDF of the manual would they mind posting a link to it.
Thanks.

As for the show I'd say that whilst it is looking very dated these days it still has that 'something' that made it special in the first place. Avon is still as great as I remember, especially his exchanges with Vila.
A remake won't be as good as the original but I'm still interested to see what they do with it and how much they change.

Did you ever find a working link to that Blake's 7 technical manual PDF ?

Just throwing my Blakes 7 interest in with my first posting. Hello!

I'm intending to tackle a replica of the federation troopers sidearm as soon as I can. I'm a few dims sort, but hope to keep you all up to date with how it proceeds

n

Just throwing my Blakes 7 interest in with my first posting. Hello!

I'm intending to tackle a replica of the federation troopers sidearm as soon as I can. I'm a few dims sort, but hope to keep you all up to date with how it proceeds :)

n

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back