Blake's 7 prop replicas?

Be warned, Black & Decker have been making drills for a long time and there's a lot of pictures of them out there (people also do some surprising things with them if you have Google Safe Search switched off). I've spent a lot of time trawling through and haven't yet come across the right model.

My hope is that they used the part for multiple models, but most modern grips (for anything) seem to be embossed rubber with a logo, which makes them almost useless for crafting projects. Thoughtless gits.

Scorpio Clipgun - I made some accurate* measurements from pics and decided that 82% of Tech Manual size looks right. Interestingly, if you scan and compile the tech manual picture at 82%, it fits nicely on one sheet of A4. (Which is an obvious clue! or something)

Comparison based on publicity shots of actors holding lib guns and wearing lib bracelets, then compared to shots of them holding clipguns, resized so actor's face matches size in both pics.

*probably not accurate

EDIT

based on some Dayna pics, I now think 88% - as long as I am measuring the lib gun correctly and allowing for foreshortening... why isn't this easier?

Last edited:
And heres some more shots of my Federation Trooper Helmets....

echpictureframefed.jpg

I was actually able to get hold of a Liberator style teleport bracelet for only £25 but the one thing I've never been able to find is a Scorpio style one, anyone have any ideas where I might find someone who will take a commision on one?

Just needed to chime in on the subject of DVDs here in Region 1 (North America): They aren't available here and they NEVER WILL BE. The BBC ruled it out YEARS ago. There just isn't enough of a fan base on this side of the pond for them to justify a release here from a monetary standpoint. It would help if we could get broadcasters here to air it so the fan base could grow, but it has to be 15-20 years since PBS stations in the Greater Washington DC/Baltimore Metropolitan Area last broadcast the series in its entirety. :unsure

For that reason, when all 4 seasons were released on DVD in Region 2 (the UK and Europe), I checked out DVD players on Amazon.Com to locate a model that offers PAL to NTSC conversion, and then made sure there was a Region Unlock code available to make it Region Free.

I then picked up the appropriate model of player at my local Target store for a good price, and ordered the DVDs from Amazon.co.UK & had them shipped here. Problem solved. I can now watch Blake's 7 any time I want!
WinkThumbUp.gif

If you're a fan in North America, this is the ONLY way you're going to be able to get the series on officially released DVDs.

Oh erm, well, yes, it wasn't like I was making you a subtle offer or anything like that. No...no...just a friend to friend thing if you have such a friend. Sorta of. Thing.

So...how about them Birmingham Blues?

Just found this thread!
I was a massive fan of this series first time round. I've met most of the cast now, too.

I'd love to get hold of a Federation rifle and helmet if anyone's got any leads :D

Hi all,
ive just finished a non working Logans Run deep sleep gun and next on my list of things to do is the Liberator teleport bracelet. I'd estimate the diameter of the bracelet is the 8.89 cm diameter - what do you lot think?.... and if there is a run on the Federation helmet after Christmas i'd be very interested.

Just found this thread!
I was a massive fan of this series first time round. I've met most of the cast now, too.

I'd love to get hold of a Federation rifle and helmet if anyone's got any leads :D

My friend makes these which I've attached photos of.
You can often see these for sale on my ebay site which is awbestbargains where you can make further enquiries.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back