Blake's 7 prop replicas?

The gun I sold to Micdavis...
p2170012.jpg

Test firing:

fire_sm.jpg

She was a beaut, a real Andy Hopkinson, too - in B7 terms, the accuracy and quality doesn't come higher than AH.

Hi, I have a Martin Bower one, with his certificate etc, wife bought it for me a few years back form Horizon, let me know if you are interseted
Cheers,
Steve

Pics of what I did with MicDavis' 'left overs' pictured earlier in this thread that I bought a few weeks back - I still had decals and correct paint lying about in the garage from the batch I made some years back. The dims are a little off, (the 'microphone' is incorrectly placed by about 5 mm and the inner 'ring' is not as deep as it should be, by about 2mm) the only reason I know it's off is thanks to my Martin Bower - but good enough for a 'costume' version of the prop, IMHO.

tpb2.jpg

tpb3.jpg

tpb5.jpg

Note in the last pic, there's a slight chip out of the corner, where the clasp meets. I ddin't have any thing to fix this with handy (milliput etc) so I left it. Kinda adds to that 'bounced round a Dorset quarry' look to it :) Nice to throw another one of these together after all these years, even if it's not 100% spot on. Hope you guys like.

Does anyone happen to know what the proper dimensions for the Liberator bracelets are ? I have the Horizon B7 technical manual, plus the classic sci-fi models #16 magazine, and they don't agree with each other as to the diameter of the bracelet, or its width. Which one is considered to be more accurate ? I have a replica bracelet that was sold to me by someone who said it came from Horizon, but I don't believe it is a Bower one, and it has different dimensions again (looks too small overall). I'll upload a photo sometime, perhaps someone can help me identify who made it.

thanks

Hi
Newbie here
I have replica Liberator gun but the battery pack is much smaller than those Ive seen on here. Essentially two AA batteries in a small plastic housing. The connector is a mini jack.

What I want to do is adapt it to one of the bigger packs like those in the previous pics (and in the show) but what I'd also like to do is have the firing sound aswell.
Just wondered if anyone managed to get the sound to work.
Another pack possibly with a speaker built in. Im just not sure what equipment I'd need to do it.
I've seen portable speakers that would work. Its just a case of how do I find the equipment to play the sound file?

Not sure Ive made myself clear there :) but hopefully you get the idea

Cheers
Glen

I should've asked it earlier, but as the Technical manual isn't available this place is the next best to ask, roughly what diameter of piping have people gone for, in addition to what size of dished head dome?

I should've asked it earlier, but as the Technical manual isn't available this place is the next best to ask, roughly what diameter of piping have people gone for, in addition to what size of dished head dome?
Ah, I ordered them a while ago, let me find the invoice and get back to you :)

Oh... you remember that dead link to the tech manual? Some naughty people might use waybackmachine, the automatic internet archive, to find that from before it was deleted. But, I wouldn't suggest that to anyone.

I'll second that Wow! What's the fate of those?

Thanks!

I haven't decided a fate. Plan A was to make more, make a rack, and look like the coolest dood in history. But friends and family have put in claims "Oh, did I drop my teleport bracelet round here somewhere? I think this was mine..." so plan B looks like, hide bracelets from friends. Plan C I cannot discuss due to being a new member and forum rules.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back