Blake's 7 prop replicas?

So I started a little project to pass the time over Christmas and the New Year.

Some EMA tubing -

1.jpg

Chopped up and sanded and drilled -

2.jpg

And a hinge thrown into the mix -

4.jpg

And because the EMA tubing is nearly a metre long, well, it seemed daft not to make a few more -

6.jpg

(and there is enough tubing left to make at least another ten) (!)

And then with a spray of Ford Roman Bronze metallic and the addition of aluminium foil strips -

uploaded.jpg

I have a set of (nearly finished) teleport bracelets :)

Oh brilliant, absolutely brilliant, nestene!

I have a few questions, as the teleporter bracelets was something I wanted to tackle as a present for my brother, who used to watch Blakes 7 back when it used to air on the BBC:

Where did you source your grey domes from?
Where did you purchase the EMA tubing and the foil stripsfrom?

Looks like you only need the pink plastic boxes now.

I feel like I've returned from holiday to a huge heap of unanswered post! :)

Thank you all for the kind comments - glad you like them. I'm PM those that require a PM tomorrow, and if people are interested in a run of bracelets..... why not?

Awesome, nestene1. Just keep in mind that the last several attempts at runs of these (most using materials similar to what you have) failed because the price was too high. If you can do these as a price you're comfortable with that we can all afford then life will be awesome all the way around.

Wow, very smart, those bracelets look awesome.

Always good to see a pile of them together! :love

It's now Pink perspex time......yikes!

You'll have to do a Bracelet rack now, and a Teleport desk, oh, and a full size Liberator! :lol

Cheers,

Andy

Good to see someone else tackling a bunch of these - believe it or not, even though I made a dozen of these fellas, I no longer have one! Your hinges look sturdier than mine, too. I think Clanger68 has one of mine... maybe Waz?

I had no trouble finding Ford Roman Bronze, and the decals I had made - the silver ones cut from reflective sticky backed plastic and the 'letters' were laser cut in a sticky backed light brown/beige colour. In fact I think I still have some sets of the alien lettering - might you want them?
As for the pink stuff... I had to beg someone nicely for that - the first batch I did with the orange stuff you can get from EMA. I'd be interested in an unfinished one, as I have the rest of the stuff to make mine up. Would that be poss?
Here are mine...
Blakes_7_teleport_bracelets_by_gfoyle.jpg

I was the guy that made the letters and foil for you.

Still have the files if anyone wants them.

Best Teleport Bracelets.

Had to sell mine too, and my gun.

Hey Mic
Good to hear from you buddy! Yeah, you did a great job on those graphics! I seem to remember you printed the time bandits maps too. Man, those pieces were something else... that liberator gun was one of the BEST pieces I ever had - I'm sure you'll agree with me - the sound it made when you holstered it was exactly the sound it made on the show. Wonder where it is now??? :)

Newp. I wasn't able to get one of G's bracelets and i still regret it. At the time he was offering them I didn't have the cash...but I do now. Within reason that is.

Any word on them, nestene1?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back