Blake's 7 prop replicas?

Great helmet Phil, the ranks of the Federation Guards are growing! :love

Cheers,

Andy

Andy, Phil,

Great props!!

I assume your Federation Trooper helmets are original props? If not could you please point me towards a prop maker who can supply one. I would love to grab one myself.

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Patrick

Last edited:
Really. I loved the way it ended. In fact it was the first thing I saw. I liked it so much it got me to watch the show. :lol:lol

That's too funny Michael! That was exactly the way it was for me as well.
Did we both see at the same time at Dave's condo in MV?

Randy in San Diego

Andy, Phil,

Great props!!

I assume your Federation Trooper helmets are original props? If not could you please point me towards a prop maker who can supply one. I would love to grab one myself.

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Patrick

Great minds think alike Patrick. I too am after a replica Feddie Helmet - does anyone know of anyone making them?

I sure wish someone would do something from this show!
Of course I really wish they would release it on dvd!!!

Get yourself the UK version and watch it on your pc. A naughty person might suggest ripping the DVDs and then converting them to that strange NTSC standard you chaps use and then re-burning to DVD.

Almost forgot; duty rumour over here is that they are going to remake Blake's Seven - if they do and if it's any good, that would pretty much give the US release of the original series a nudge.

Last edited:
Blake's 7, a great series, one of my favourites.

People who went on to work on Alien, The Empire Strikes Back, Babylon 5, to name a few were responsible for some of the models and visual effects.

Some great props and spaceships can be replicated from it.

Unfortunately it also has it's fair share of dire ones as well, Servalans series 3 command ship anyone!

A friend of mine has recently built scratch built a studio scale Liberator, it is truly amazing, as was the building process!

He kept a comprehensive build diary and with his permission I'll put a thread in the studio scale section soon.

Here is a quick taster.

IMG00556.jpg

I hope he joins the RPF, he is a very talented chap! :)

Cheers,

Andy

I certainly hope your friend allows you to post his Liberator build! Funny, how I've been thinking about Blake's 7 lately--and the teleport bracelet. I'd love to have one built by Martin Bowers.

Dave

Great minds think alike Patrick. I too am after a replica Feddie Helmet - does anyone know of anyone making them?

The Federation Trooper helmet doesn't 'seem' that tricky compared to some of the complicated replicas produced on this forum. I'm surprised no one makes one.

Though I can't remember being a massive fan of the series (though I did like it), characters like Servalan, Avon and Vila have always stuck in my mind. Very well formed and portrayed. Not your average heroes and villains.

I think those characters, the Liberator and the Federation Trooper uniform would be my resounding memories of the show.

Good luck with your search, I wouldn't mind one myself.

Ah mr clanger I do hope you will be coming to the movie weekend in september and bringing these again , we had a lot of dads reminising over these lovely props last time :cool

Ah mr clanger I do hope you will be coming to the movie weekend in september and bringing these again , we had a lot of dads reminising over these lovely props last time :cool

Certainly am, if it's okay to display on your tables again I'll happily bring the blake's 7 stuff.

So long as I get to play with your toys again as well. :love

I certainly hope your friend allows you to post his Liberator build!

Ooops, he said yes straight away, it's me dragging my heels, will get it posted as soon as I can, it's a thing to behold!

I think those characters, the Liberator and the Federation Trooper uniform would be my resounding memories of the show.

Me too, they are very original in their design.

Last year I went to the NSC movie prop party/event mentioned above and just for a laugh I put the Federation guard uniform on and walked about, I was astounded how many people recognised it!

dam2.jpg

I love seeing Blake's 7 talk on the RPF. :)

Andy

Yeah I recall it was all fine til u got too far into character, clubbed me down and kicked me in the face!

SAS

But it's what they do!

and don't fib to me, you enjoyed it as much as I did!:lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back