Blake's 7 prop replicas?

I forgot to add, I actually have a Martin Bower built Fed Gun - minus the stock - a few years back, when I had saved like crazy, I got him to make me one - and it's one of my favourite things, proudly on display...Interestingly, he said he couldn't do the stocks anymore because he couldn't get the parts - but I see some of yours do have them...I'm guessing they're fixed? How difficult is it to make those?

I do have a dream...I want to get an example of each of the iconic props, but she who must be obeyed can't see the fascination...I try to tell her it's the same for me with her collection of bags!:rolleyes

So...I think, I will try to make that dream come true - so if you know anyone who has Liberator guns etc, that they want to see go to a good home!:lol

Budget Liberator gun is completed! I used more pieces from the plunger handle for the tip of the gun (the screw area that goes into the sucker and two round pieces from the handle). I also put plastic fittings inside of the pieces (after painting them gold) to better affix each piece to one another, though I fear my amateur skills made them slightly crooked when I attached them to the main barrel.

Otherwise, the only other thing I did for gluing the barrel inside was cut out about eight circles in craft foam, put them on the barrel, and then glue them into the gun's circular area, helping to keep the barrel in place due to its weight.

Liberatorgun-4.jpg

I made another minor modification to the power box, though not a huge one - just attached craft foam to the back of it so now I can put it on a belt, but otherwise it looks like I'm done! We'll see just how stable the thing is, and I'm still waiting on a reply from Antinmarple about an actual replica and not the budget version I made. XD

Liberatorgun-5.jpg

Interesting thread, the ending for the series was totally right, stunning and visceral. gave this dark and pessimistic series a truly fitting end. I have three costumes from the series, thermal suit from Countdown, Hostage and Voice from the Past, fed guard and slave costumes, both from Warlords

Hi,

In response to your enquiries, my friend carries out a wide range of commissions and has produced several replicas of these and other B7 related subjects (please see attachments). Please send me a PM if you would like further information about his work.

You may also like to see 1 type for sale on the following link: Blakes 7 Teleport Bracelet | eBay
or via
eBay View About Me for awforcharity

I love the Orac, and the liberator gun would be a perfect addition to the Blakes 7 bracelet I have being made at the moment.
If your friend ever decides to make more or do a run, then I would be interested.
I have PM'd you.

Hi Cyber,

Antinmarple gave an introduction and I ordered some Blakes 7 props I have wanted for some 30 years - yeah, that long!

They arrived and I can only say...WOW! They are amazing and the build quality is brilliant, and I was kept up to date with progress as well - real labours of love...I'm sure they have some photos they can post, but I am over the moon.

It's taken 30 years but my itch has been scratched and it feels good!!

Hi Cyber,

Antinmarple gave an introduction and I ordered some Blakes 7 props I have wanted for some 30 years - yeah, that long!

They arrived and I can only say...WOW! They are amazing and the build quality is brilliant, and I was kept up to date with progress as well - real labours of love...I'm sure they have some photos they can post, but I am over the moon.

It's taken 30 years but my itch has been scratched and it feels good!!

I did get an introduction to his friend, and my Liberator gun arrived at the beginning o this week, I am very pleased with it.
It's really good, and is an item I have wanted for a long time. :)

blakes-7-prop-replicas-scg-6.jpg-107602d1344615623t

Outstanding, what a great prop to do, I've always wanted to do a range of clips to go with my Clip Gun, having the gun cabinet never occurred to me!

Amazing.

What is it made of?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Wooden construction, but the photo doesn't do it justice...The paints used make it look metal...I always loved that moment in "Rescue" when they open up Dorians gun locker....

Hi guy anyone got information on what is used to make the liberator hand gun I'm guessing the middle is a long piece of Perspex but not sure on the black and clear rings :confused Any help please

Hi guy anyone got information on what is used to make the liberator hand gun I'm guessing the middle is a long piece of Perspex but not sure on the black and clear rings :confused Any help please

Hello,
You can make them with Perspex sheet.
There's the labour intensive route of drilling
(or use a multitool) out the rings and lots of filing.
Or cnc the rings out of sheet Perspex and file
on a lathe. . .
I used clear Perspex to make both ring shapes.
Striping taped the smaller square edge rings.

Hello,
You can make them with Perspex sheet.
There's the labour intensive route of drilling
(or use a multitool) out the rings and lots of filing.
Or cnc the rings out of sheet Perspex and file
on a lathe. . .
I used clear Perspex to make both ring shapes.
Striping taped the smaller square edge rings.

Cool thanks what thickness do you use ? do you have any pictures of your finnished gun ? I don't have a lathe but can get access to one but if not will use a drill with round cutters I guess not very H&S but we do what we can with what we can afford lol

Cool thanks what thickness do you use ? do you have any pictures of your finnished gun ? I don't have a lathe but can get access to one but if not will use a drill with round cutters I guess not very H&S but we do what we can with what we can afford lol

I'm with you on affordability.
I think it was 5.5mm sheet, it was a while ago.
B74.jpg

I'm with you on affordability.
I think it was 5.5mm sheet, it was a while ago.
B74.jpg

Great replica I will look into get parts seem every one uses EMA plastics
Is the handle wood ? , going to try make this then probably Scorpio clip gun then frederation rifle the teleport bracelets look easy all on a buget though lol

Great replica I will look into get parts seem every one uses EMA plastics
Is the handle wood ? , going to try make this then probably Scorpio clip gun then frederation rifle the teleport bracelets look easy all on a buget though lol

Ema has most of what you need. The handle is a 1970s drill
Handle - heavy plastic.
You could easily lathe a convincing version in wood.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back