Attaching Latex to Material question

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If I had latex chest and ab pieces, how would I securely attach them to a body suit made of spandex or material.
It must be durable enough to be worn everyday...and NOT fall apart.
mike

I usually use Barge contact cement.

Make sure the material and the latex are clean, maybe even mar/scratch the back of the latex with something like 150 grit sand paper.

Brush a thin even layer of barge contact cement on each surface. Avoid drips and big globs of cement, the thinner and more even the better.

Let the barge dry completely (about 10-20 minutes.....you can use a hair dryer on low to speed it up)

Then re-apply another thin, even layer on both surfaces, let it get tacky (not still wet, but not completely dry) and put them together and press firmly......the harder you push them together the stronger the bond will be. We've even put barged together pieces between sheets of wood and put them in a vice or hit them with hammers to insure a super strong bond, but that might not apply here......just squeeze them together as hard as you can without damaging your latex.

Plus barge will still be flexible unlike something like epoxy or super glue

Oh and I would go through the trouble of finding real "Barge" brand contact cement and not just use any cheap contact cement that you can get at the drug store. Barge comes in red and yellow cans and has a bear logo.

hope that helps!

Sold at shoe repair stores;-)
This what the Henson crew uses to put together the muppets:thumbsup
I've used it and it makes for a very strong bond. In fact after it completely sets, i could not get it apart. Great stuff.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back