Show your Dr. Who props!

The new handle can be purchased by searching for 13DoctorWho on Shapeways. Honestly, I'm very happy it with it all as it looks like exactly whatI am seeing on screen of the real prop, what little screen time it had.

Yeah, would love to get one, but need to find a penlight or tube to fit 1st. What are the dimensions as I think it's gonna be easier to make one with metal tubing as it didnt light up on screen did it?

Again, many thanks! :)

Rather quick and dirty, but generally in the right direction:

susanforemanclouds sm.jpg

Now to find some frames.

David

What type of penlight did/do you use? I've got some geekin' to do!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yeah, would love to get one, but need to find a penlight or tube to fit 1st. What are the dimensions as I think it's gonna be easier to make one with metal tubing as it didnt light up on screen did it?

Again, many thanks! :)

Unfortunately I don't know what penlight I used. I've had it for years when I was trying to find a good match for the War Games sonic and when I finally decided to make this one I had cannibalized it enough before hand to not know. There was never any print on it either. Also, I replaced the pocket clip to more accurately match the show and had to customize the back end cap.

That said for the 13DoctorWho handle you'll want a penlight or piece of pipe that is 13mm wide. And no, it was never seen lit in the show. In fact it never even had a tip in the show.

In the scene the Doctor already had the handle slipped on - we know it's removable because in a close-up shot it's not even used it all or slid back far enough that we can't see it - and then he attaches the end With the pocket clip. But it was never seen lit, never had a tip, and appears to have just been a hollow tube.

Should be easy enough to find something fairly close to that. I have a Streamlight penlight, so I'll check the dimensions and see if that'll work.

Thanks again and fantastic work!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't know what penlight I used. I've had it for years when I was trying to find a good match for the War Games sonic and when I finally decided to make this one I had cannibalized it enough before hand to not know. There was never any print on it either. Also, I replaced the pocket clip to more accurately match the show and had to customize the back end cap.

That said for the 13DoctorWho handle you'll want a penlight or piece of pipe that is 13mm wide. And no, it was never seen lit in the show. In fact it never even had a tip in the show.

In the scene the Doctor already had the handle slipped on - we know it's removable because in a close-up shot it's not even used it all or slid back far enough that we can't see it - and then he attaches the end With the pocket clip. But it was never seen lit, never had a tip, and appears to have just been a hollow tube.

Cheers, that's great. I'm gonna go for some tubing. How long do I need to fit the handle/ trigger? (sorry to ask hope you don't mind.
. Again!). *I notice on screen it's quite thick. I think I've a ball clip too somewhere from an old pen. The end looks like a black curved end to me and seems to be reversed at one point to become the firing end. Funny that this is probably the only made Sonic prop. Hmm... wonder what the 'trigger' was from?‎

Cheers, that's great. I'm gonna go for some tubing. How long do I need to fit the handle/ trigger? (sorry to ask hope you don't mind.
. Again!). *I notice on screen it's quite thick. I think I've a ball clip too somewhere from an old pen. The end looks like a black curved end to me and seems to be reversed at one point to become the firing end. Funny that this is probably the only made Sonic prop. Hmm... wonder what the 'trigger' was from?‎

I'll have to measure my penlight when I get home but I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the black end piece. I see no evidence that it was ever used as the firing end. The tube looks thick in one shot but then not super thick and another. So it's possible two tubes were used.

I'll have to measure my penlight when I get home but I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the black end piece. I see no evidence that it was ever used as the firing end. The tube looks thick in one shot but then not super thick and another. So it's possible two tubes were used.

Here's what I mean via this link...3rd picture down in the set you previously posted. The end looks very different. Like a black cap, either on the tube or trigger.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=89127&page=8]

We are all guilty of it. The reference photos are so much easier to access than putting in a DVD so we sometimes forget how the order of scenes play into what we're looking at.

Yeah true, ha, and that's how myths & rumours are born too when it's all there infront of you. Was re reading the thread re the 2nd Dr's Fury Sonic. Ha the pictures & tellysnaps we re here for all to see, but we just didn't! :D

Yeah true, ha, and that's how myths & rumours are born too when it's all there infront of you. Was re reading the thread re the 2nd Dr's Fury Sonic. Ha the pictures & tellysnaps we re here for all to see, but we just didn't! :D

That's the prop community at its best. New eyes looking over old evidence or even old eyes looking over new evidence, whatever the case, we get closer to the truth.

So my penlight measures at 11cm in length.

That's a cool idea for a button.

......................................:)
.....................................^^^^
.......................................I'm safe. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back