Show your Dr. Who props!

Originally posted by phase pistol+Mar 21 2006, 07:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Mar 21 2006, 07:53 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-simon_lewis
@Mar 16 2006, 08:30 AM
Here's my Sonic Screwdriver from the 2005 series
[snapback]1206923[/snapback]​

Great work Simon. B) :thumbsup

- k
[snapback]1209986[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks for that - it took a lot of trial and error to get it looking 'right'. There's still room for improvement but I've started other projects - some times you just have to draw a line and move on...

Cheers,

Simon.

hmm, looking at the new tardis key here, two images seem quite different...

tardiskey.jpg

so is there more than one style key?

I'm willing to bet there is one or two that actually work in the lock on the props door and the rest are probably just already cut keys they had laying around.

Rob

Originally posted by greatwazoo42@Mar 17 2006, 01:56 PM
Can't believe I missed this thread on the first time out.  LOL.

I have the following:
Tom Baker style Sonic Screwdriver (Roguescout built with/Hyperdyne Sound module), Sontoran Experiment and/or City of Death version
Jon Pertwee style Sonic Screwdriver (Jeff Parks of Parksabers.com build w/Hyperdyne sound module), Colony In Space Version
Toy Sonic Screwdriver from the 1980's
Toy Sonic Screwdriver from Character Options (2005 version)
Two 800-Trekker Tardis Keys (the self same ones used in the 1996 film)
one of the new BBC issue Tardis keys from last year
one McCoy style Tardis key made by Megatron here on the RPF
One full 8th Doctor costume (vest, coat, ascot, shirt and pants)
...and a few other things.

See Also here:  http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=107052 for a few pics and links and stuff.
[snapback]1207810[/snapback]​
What about that TARDIS console that you were building?

I just got the new Sonic Screwdriver pen toy.
I've also got a 1/3rd scale (8 foot long) Tom Baker scarf.
A Seal of Rasillon
Cyberman cookie jar.
4" Cyberman toy

Mywife put the Tardis Console project on hold until we have a house with either a basement workshop or a garage I can build it in. The neighbors in my apartment building were starting to complain of the sounds of power tools and hammering.

The Sal of Rassilon you have is the one that Megatron did? I have one of those on my pocket watch and another I carry as a good luck charm. Curtis did a fantastic job on that.

Originally posted by greatwazoo42@Mar 21 2006, 12:09 PM
Mywife put the Tardis Console project on hold until we have a house with either a basement workshop or a garage I can build it in.  The neighbors in my apartment building were starting to complain of the sounds of power tools and hammering. 

The Sal of Rassilon you have is the one that Megatron did?  I have one of those on my pocket watch and another I carry as a good luck charm.  Curtis did a fantastic job on that.
[snapback]1210256[/snapback]​
Darn wives, stopping all our fun :D

That's the one.
I've got a pocket watch without a lid. Was gonna try and add a hinge to the seal, and mopunt it to the pocket watch.

Originally posted by Zaphod@Mar 21 2006, 12:09 PM
Anyone know the dimensions of the key?

I was gonna make one.
[snapback]1210257[/snapback]​

I'd say talk to PropReplicator but Wayne's sort of retired, maybe Megatron can help you?

regarding that Tardis key, ive seen a couple different variations of that one, only a few slightly different, the spacing between the blocks etc, which is accurate to the Baker years version?

Originally posted by tekmage3000@Mar 17 2006, 07:50 PM
thanks I just ordered my screw driver
[snapback]1207844[/snapback]​

Just got it in the mail and have been playing it and scaring the cats with the sound.
Not a bad toy and the light is really bright.

Tek

Originally posted by phase pistol@Mar 21 2006, 02:25 AM
Just got my toy Eccleston driver today. :D

DSC02135.jpg

What's the deal with the HORRID deep cracked "leathery" texture on the grip... ugh.  :confused

[actually I am told that the texture is a feature of the rare FIRST issue of this toy. The first batch presold-out, making it relatively hard to find. Apparently the later runs did not have so prominent a cracked texture.]
[snapback]1209801[/snapback]​

I must have one of the second run and it's toned down quite a bit.

"is nthe paint just not as pronounced or are the cracks actually less deep?"

the cracks are waaay less deep on mine...skott

Originally posted by simon_lewis@Mar 16 2006, 08:30 AM
Here's my Sonic Screwdriver from the 2005 series:

new_sonic_screwdriver_1.JPG

Cheers,

Simon.
Simon,
That screwdriver looks lathed. Did you make that?
Cheers

wow, thats quite a difference in the texture there...well how can i get one of those instead, lol

Originally posted by Zaphod+Mar 22 2006, 04:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zaphod @ Mar 22 2006, 04:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-simon_lewis
@Mar 16 2006, 08:30 AM
Here's my Sonic Screwdriver from the 2005 series:

new_sonic_screwdriver_1.JPG

Cheers,

Simon.
Simon,
That screwdriver looks lathed. Did you make that?
Cheers
[snapback]1210965[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yep it was made from scrap aluminium tubing I found. I used two sizes (one fitted inside the other which was lucky) and turned the ridges in them to add the details before spraying it with Peugeot car paint. I didn't try to get the porcelean sort of look as I figured that life was too short.

Cheers,

Simon.

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 21 2006, 04:33 PM
regarding that Tardis key, ive seen a couple different variations of that one, only a few slightly different, the spacing between the blocks etc, which is accurate to the Baker years version?
[snapback]1210407[/snapback]​

The most accurate Baker version I've seen so far was a short release version that actually had the BBC copyright stamp on it from last year. eBay seller exe_libris carried several and I have one. You can see it in the desktop I made for myself at the bottom right. The upper left one is accurate to the key used in the 1996 as made by 800-Trekker. The reason it's screen accurate is because the production team for the 1996 film up in Canada actually ordered the prop from 800-Trekker and then polished up a few for on camera use and gave one to everyone involved in the production as a gift.

awsome thanks, i just didnt know which style was more accurate, that one in the bottom right i have seen in other places, or at least that style, so that helps alot, thanks :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back