starwars bedroom

darthjimmy

In the planning phase for my 7 month old son! :)
looking for any ideas.
we're in the middle of house renos right now - so anything is feasible including remodeling (not just decorating)
I was thinking of a jedi temple theme or a tantive theme complete with jedi starfighter bed!!! sorry if this is OT - not sure where to post.
thanks

Do an empire freezing chamber room.You could build a riser for his crib that looks like the lighted floors. Then at night it could be a nightlight for him, and floor lighting for you to get to his crib without tripping over stuff!

Pat

Here's what I did with our fourth bedroom prior to assembling all of my mannequins to put in it. I used 3/4" MDF for the walls and styrene light lenses behind the openings. It was a cheap and easy way to get maximum effect. It would make a great boys room!

IMG_02192.jpg

IMG_02172.jpg

IMG_02162.jpg

IMG_02142.jpg

Here's what I did with our fourth bedroom prior to assembling all of my mannequins to put in it. I used 3/4" MDF for the walls and styrene light lenses behind the openings. It was a cheap and easy way to get maximum effect. It would make a great boys room!

IMG_02192.jpg

IMG_02172.jpg

IMG_02162.jpg

IMG_02142.jpg

That looks Amazing!

How long did it take you to do it?

-MD

You could just always paint the whole room black, do some stars on the wall, some glow in the dark ones ont he ceiling, maybe a couple of tye fighters and a big death star. Simple but it works.

If ever there were a time and place for Lucas' otherwise loathed Ewoks, this would be it.

Endor theme... build up the tree village with bridges and huts from mid-wall down, then mid-wall up sky going from blue to black where we would see the Death Star and ships, etc. Forest and greenery should be easy to design with around the room too along with some life size Ewoks (or stuffed ones).

At least you could have a KICK ASS speeder bike mobile! Scout chasing Leia or Luke, around and around and around....

Thanks guys....it's based loosely on the Death Star interior. I wasn't going for any dead on room persay, but just having the famous window cutouts was enough for me. There is a single double hung window in the room. Now that I have my mannequins in there I rarely open the shade for fear of fading any of the fabrics, or yellowing the ABS Trooper armor too much. I have since added a couple more greeblies to the walls and someday want to light the interior of the light panels with Christmas "rope" lights connected to the room switch.

It didn't take all that long...from start to finish I have maybe 40 hours into it. I had to remove all of the colonial casing and make the faux doors, since six panel doors with knobs would most certainly kill the feel. I used a real cheap flat paint for the walls. All of the panels are held on with simple 2" sheet metal screws with hex heads for easy removal. Plus it fits the hardware theme in the room. It'll be easier to put it back to "colonial" (sorry for the BSG term) than it was to make it "Imperial" ;)

Again thanks for the kudos:)

Last edited:
jedi temple theme or a tantive theme
How about a Cloud City theme? (living quarters) That would be something in-between "Jedi Temple" and "Tantive IV", plus it would fit right in to take inspiration from Padmé's homes on Coruscant and Naboo. Less plastic feeling, and more color choices than Tantive IV. ;)
Paint clouds in the ceiling, with glow-in-the-dark stars that become visible only at night. Both contemporary and neoclassical furniture would work with this theme.

Here's the costumes I have in there now....I still have a Laws Snowtrooper to build up and display. The E-11 is reserved for him....it's a real sterling as is the MG34 :D Also there is a closeup of the closet door next to Han...it's a real simple masonite "door" for lack of a better word. It's halved and the two holes are just finger grabs to remove the halves. It's velcroed in place. Since there's virtually nothing in the closet it gets no use.

img_04562.jpg

img_03282.jpg

IMG_03752.jpg

img_03802.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back