Toronto Prop Party 2008 - New Details in FIRST POST

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
***New Details as of July 4th***
Ok folks, I've got the Community Center right down the street from where I live and they have a fantastic room they'll rent to us for this event. That right there is great news! As for the date...this needs to be Mid September to Early October. Not sooner...I just cant do it in Aug as I hoped. Not only do we have the Fan Expo that month but things are snowballing here and fast! I really need to do this in a time of 'peace'..if such a thing even exists in my life now...LOL

I'm looking to book the first Saturday of October for this...unless most of you prefer earlier.

So lets decide on the date and get it booked. Besides...come Oct I'll have tonnes of new things to display and with some luck that date works for most, if not all of you!!!!!

Lets hear your thoughts!
Thanks,

David

Hello everyone!!!
Well last years show was a lot of fun and I think we had a pretty awesome turnout too!!
So I'd say it's now time to start planning the 2008 Prop Party.:)

Naturally, I'd like to have it around a time that not much else is happening in the prop community so I'll leave this up for us all to hash out. When would you propose having it this year??

Next...location, location, location....:)
We had a fairly large board room on the main floor of a hotel last year and actually it was pretty good. The lighting was horrible, but the room was pretty cool. Still, this year I'm going for bigger so we'll be looking at alternative spaces to host this in.

Other than finalizing a date...and us here finding a suitable location to host this in...let's hear your thoughts. Oh, and some have already emailed us about this and stated they'd be happy with the same room we had last year. I'm not 'entirely' sure how I personally feel about that...but let's get the ball moving and see where we land. :)

Some pics of last years show.....oh and for the record, the women were taking the pics. Trust me...we had the opposite sex there as well...honest.:lol

18.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

16.jpg

You can see the rest of the photos here...http://www.universaldesigns.ca/newsandevents.html just scroll down.

Ok folks...lets make it happen for 2008!!!!!

All the Best!!!!

Dave & Rimma....and soon to be with Eden and Arielle...:wacko

Last edited:
Re: Toronto Prop Party 2008 - Time to start planning!

Looking forward to attending this year, David. No pesky C4 to throw off my schedule this time!:lol

Congrats on the soon-to-be-new-additions to yourself and Rimma!

Last years was a blast. I am looking forward to this years.

I think the room it was in last time was ok, but it might not be big enough if more people come and display stuff. I'd love to see some demonstrations too, perhaps a life cast demo?

More door prizes and such would be cool too of course. ;)

I had also been thinking it might be fun to make it more accessible to the general public. They might not "get it" but they'd probably find a lot of what we were showing off to be pretty cool.

T-shirts or something as well? It all depends on attendance.

As I said in my PM David, I'm happy to help if I can. :)

I was talking to David today and he asked me to see what you guys thought as far as what day to have it on. If anyone had any suggestions for a weekend in late may or early june please feel free to post it. Also post any ideas you have for things you'd like to see happen at it. I'm going to try to help David out in getting things organized. :)

Looks like a good time! I'm going to look into the feasibility of getting up there for this!

I'll most likely be there again this year (I'm the striking lad in the green shirt next to the Proton Pack:love).

This year I'm thinking we should make it more public friendly. If we can get some of the Toronto and local comic and hobby shops on board with us, it may be a pretty big turnout. the approach could be very simple... "Plug our event in your store and there's a free table/booth/space for you to use to promote your store or even sell your products".

I think this year should be bigger and more open than last year. It was a blast, but involving the public and some shops would certainly make things even better.

And David, perhaps SSC can even have some space at the event. Almost everyone there will use silicone and resins at some point, and I think it'd be perfect for them to have a presence at the party.

Cam

So...anyone else going to weigh in? Are there others interested in going to the Toronto Prop Party?

After helping with one or two of these, I've found that a target date will help stir up interest. Even if you move it up or back a week, at least it will give people an idea on when the party will be.

Personally, I'd love to come to this, but until I see a date and can look at the calendar, I can't committ one way or the other.

Well fellas, I'm all in like a dirty shirt for the prop party. I had such a fantastic time last year. It was great to hang out and talk smack about the RPF with everyone.:lol

As far as dates for this year go, I'm no good for May 24th, June 28th and July 26th... otherwise I'm wide open.

What are the rest of you thinking?

Just give me a place and a date!! (I'd be the less striking lad with the Rocketeer and Viper pilot Helms)

I had to cancel last minute last year so I'd like to be there for sure this year. As far as a weekend I can't do it May long weekend but almost any other time. June might be best.

Glad to see interest picking up! :)

I don't want to speak for David regarding the date, but it seems that June might be better for most people and that early June would make the most sense.

Talisen I hope you'll be bringing your collection of blasters/guns again, they were sweet!

How about June 7th? We could stretch it to the 21st, but I agree that early June seems to be the best time. And on top of it the weather should be fantastic. The 14th is probably not good just because of Father's Day and I know Dave will be excited because it's his first one. If it doesn't bother him or anyone else, we can throw June 14th into the mix too... it's not like I'm the one with kids.:lol

Fathers day weekend wouldn't be a good one for me and probably anyone else with kids.

Cam

Father's day weekend would be bad for me too, we usually have a family thing. The 21st would also be bad as it's the day of the Serenity charity screening in Toronto so I will be busy at that. My vote would be for the 7th. :)

I like the idea of June but I think Fathers day may be tough for some, if not most. Besides, I'm a daddy now so 'hell yea' I want to be celebrated that day!

I agree that to really get the ball rolling we need to finalize a date for this so lets keep suggestions coming and make it as comfortable as possible for all who want to attend.

Last year's gathering was awesome! Let's make this years even better.

David

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back