FINISHED Balrog new pics 7/12/10 last page

Darth Infamous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,
I thought I would post some progress shots of my Balrog. I'm using NSP chavant hard clay over an armature. Its my first sculpt. Ive been inspired by many talented sculptors on this board. There work is fantastic. Also all the other creative people here. Sooo here are some pics. Its still in the rough stages. I'm open to suggestions and critiques. Thanks

537071608_balrog%20backss.jpg

537071617_balrog%20side.jpg

537071615_balrog%20side%20right.jpg

537071612_balrog%20fronttt.jpg

537071610_balrog%20front.jpg

537071611_balrog%20front%202.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My first sculpt...Balrog

For a first sculpt that is amazing.
very impressive.

Keep up the good work and keep us all posted.

Many thanks

chef

Wow, great work... and a 1st sculpt you say.. :)

Thanks for the encouragement :) I appreciate it. Ive penciled drawn for the longest time and sculpting seems like drawing...only in 3-D. I'm starting to texture the balrog now.
After seeing so many amazing sculpts on this forum I just had to try this. My intention is to go thru the whole process from armature to molding it. Ive never done that so I will be looking to the many talented board members here for advice.

More pics to follow. :)

Carl

You must mean your first sculpt of Balrog, not your first sculpt ever.. Just wanted to clear that up

Thats friggin sweet!!!

For some reason I cannot see the pictures... and with these responses... I'm just going "AAARRRGGGHHH... I wanna see too". Doesn't even help to copy and paste the links into a new browser... I'm just lost. :cry

No its my first sculpt. Ive tinkered here in there with playdoe :lol but this is my forst serious sculpt. Armature and all.
Im not sure why you cant see the pics Nothumorman. What browser are you using?

Carl

For some reason I cannot see the pictures... and with these responses... I'm just going "AAARRRGGGHHH... I wanna see too". Doesn't even help to copy and paste the links into a new browser... I'm just lost. :cry

NoHumorMAn- Pm replied.

For those who cant see the pics I would be glad to email them. Just PM me with your email address. Im going to shrink them down some and use wackychimps hosting.
Thanks
Carl

I'm using Firefox. Sorry to bother you about this, but would really like to see the pictures. Sending you a pm.

Thanks for sending me the pics. That's one super cool sculpt you've got going there... can't wait to see it finished! :thumbsup

Thanks for the compliments. Here are the pics thru wackychimps service.

balrogbackss_1.jpg

balrogfoot.jpg

balrogfront.jpg

balrogfronttt.jpg

balrogside.jpg

balrogsideright.jpg

Picture264.jpg

Thanks for sending me the pics. That's one super cool sculpt you've got going there... can't wait to see it finished! :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back