Seven Jedi Costumes

jediscout72

Been lurking for awhile, but wanted to show you what Ive been working on for the past few years.
JHM Productions presents
7Jsmall.jpg

Currently filming , in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Based on the characters and films of Akira Kurosawa and George Lucas, Our tribute to the great filmmakers of the sci-fi, action genres,who inspired me to follow my dreams to a galaxy, far, far, away…

[Story Synopsis]
Taking place ten years after the events of Episode 3-Revenge of the Sith.
After episode 3 ended, we know that all Jedi are extinct by the time of episode 4, and opens the door to our story, for these seven characters that survived the purge, so our characters will be new ones I have written and will focus on their fight against evil forces (not imperial, till the end at least).

Our story focuses on a gifted young girl and her mysterious father as they set out on a quest to find warriors to defend their planet from the invading marauder army. The marauder's pillage and purge the peaceful villages, reigning terror and destruction in their path. Lead by a mysterious dark warrior who instills fear in the eyes of all who encounter him.
On their quest to find those that will defend them, they come across an assortment of characters, which turn out to be Jedi in hiding. So they gather others in hiding who will fight. They come to aide the people,training them and building defenses as they get ready for the final battle against the marauders army, but their paths will soon collide with an even more terrifying threat…

Here are some pics of the various characters in costumes made my myself and and my bestest friend in the whole wide world my Mom(she passed away earlier this year) :( R.I.P.
Also a few screengrabs to give you an idea of the look and feel we will have for this film. Those of you familiar with the Original Kurosawa classic will note the attention to detail we emphasized on the re-imaging of this classic with our jedi counterparts..
Main movie posters
titlecard2copy.jpg

titlecardcopy.jpg

Comparison shot of the original "Shichinin no Samurai" (Seven Samurai)
comparisonpicz.jpg

comparison4.jpg

dantooine7jedi.jpg

swarup.jpg

Yuudaimaster.jpg

SevenJedi-ThreeJedi.jpg

SevenJedi-kalanirenkojaikarsmEffect.jpg

greensaber7jedio66.jpg

IMG_4816choke.jpg

IMG_4868encounter.jpg

Sajenflashback.jpg

screen grab from one of our "Order 66"flashback sequences aka "Rambo" homage
skylight_shot.jpg

Another "Order 66" flashback sequence aka "Saving Private Ryan" homage
battledroibunker2.jpg

Will be also posting a topic on our various armor and props in the prop forum later on, have more to come, stay tuned.

Mahalo nui loa(thank you very much in Hawaiian)
Keoni
JHM Productions

I saw the updates for this at TDH, the costumes all look great! Trailer wasn't too shabby either:)

Can't wait to see where you go with it.

Feel free to PM me the girl jedi's phone number :lol

Keep us updated!

Looks like it could be a fun update to an incredible film (oh yeah, and don't forget the other great remake - The Magnificent Seven, another favorite :)).

I love what I'm seeing.. I can't wait to see how this project turns out. :)
I always wanted to see a Star Wars homage to the Seven Samurai (my second favorite film).

I wonder if the villagers will have lightsabers and crap collected from Jedi on the Run..

Oooooo this all looks very cool - I look forwad to more updates, and the final product.

I'm always amused at how Jedi who are supposedly in hiding always walk around in their Jedi robes ;)

(that's not a shot at your production, Obi-Wan and Yoda did it too)

Oooooo this all looks very cool - I look forwad to more updates, and the final product.

I'm always amused at how Jedi who are supposedly in hiding always walk around in their Jedi robes ;)

(that's not a shot at your production, Obi-Wan and Yoda did it too)

you know i actually contemplated that allot myself, then i just said hey Obi wan and Yoda did oh well there you go then! but i do have them dressed as peasants when entering the spaceport and cantina.

sony_tt_pics_377.jpg

Yes even the keiki's(kids in Hawaiian) are involved
proud2BAmarauder.jpg

Proud to be a marauder!
BenandMike7Jedi.jpg

part of our Phenomanal crew
kaptkev.jpg

capn-kev
didyougetthatoncamera.jpg

yes people do get hurt on our set, realism baby! now lets do it again!
Shelbymarauder.jpg

And yes the ladies our out there too kicking a$$!

Last edited:
Very nice! I particularly like the varied cast and the look of the costumes--traditional Star Wars, but with a real-world, lived-in look as well!

I'm interested in viewing the trailer as well; is there a possibility of this eventually becoming available on dvd?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back