Parts currently "missing" from the 32" Falcon

That missing part on the bottom is from the Tamiya Morser Karl kit. I painted it and glued it onto my Falcon in the referenced location and it exactly matched the adjacent part.

Mgoob and I bought one Karl and split up the parts. It supplied several of the missing parts that were needed for our Falcons (and had two of each to boot).

It also supplied the complex part missing from the port mandible. (As someone else already noted).

The top missing part is definitely a gun shield, but the two holes are rectangular; not round. I made one...wasn't worth scouring the Earth for...took 20 minutes to fabricate. :)

Part 9 is more probably from the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T kit,
because it's where the counterpart on the rear starboard side comes from.

Mgoob and I bought one Karl and split up the parts. It supplied several of the missing parts that were needed for our Falcons (and had two of each to boot).

I think you're mistaken Steve. The missing part #9 is not in the Karl kit. I bought one too.
There are 2 of the mandible parts (#4) in there and other Falcon parts, but no other "missing" parts.
The part next to missing part #9 is from the Karl kit, but it is present on the MR Falcon.

Chrome is right. The missing piece #9 is from the Ferrari 312T.
You can even see where it was cut poorly at the ends.
part9_detail.jpg

Last edited:
No! YOU'RE mistaken! The WHOLE SYSTEM is mistaken!

Sorry.

:lol

All I know is that when I cut the part to the correct length, it EXACTLY matches the adjacent parts on the MR model. And I mean exactly, precisely...size, angles and spacing and height of the raised ribs, etc...

Now, I am wondering if the MR model has the wrong parts here?

Hmmm.

I think you're mistaken Steve. The missing part #9 is not in the Karl kit. I bought one too.
There are 2 of the mandible parts (#4) in there and other Falcon parts, but no other "missing" parts.
The part next to missing part #9 is from the Karl kit, but it is present on the MR Falcon.

Chrome is right. The missing piece #9 is from the Ferrari 312T.
You can even see where it was cut poorly at the ends.
part9_detail.jpg

Now, I am wondering if the MR model has the wrong parts here?

Could be. My MR is boxed up right now so I can't check.
Maybe they used 1 1/2 of the Karl parts on each side instead of 1 Karl and 1/2 Ferrari.

Are those parts glued on or cast as part of the body on the MR?
I'm wondering if I can pop them off to replace them or have to Dremel off the incorrect part (if need be).

I just checked,,,,they are cast not added parts, The part, looking from the back is on the right but missing on the left. They are different two distinct parts. So since I need the left side ....does any body have the part from the 312 that they could make a cast for me?

Last edited:
The topic was stimulated by some discussion in the "What scale is the MR Falcon" thread but I think it deserves its own space and wanted to keep from stealing that thread.

Let me say right up front that this is NOT a place to complain about the MR Falcon. The thing is a beautiful piece and deserves your respect as an amazing piece of licensed, mass produced product as do ALL those involved in its development and those that came before them building their Falcons from Scratch with nothing but grainy photos as reference.

We all know that over time the studio models loose pieces. Sometimes even during the production. MR and the team of folks responsible for helping MR on the Falcon did an AMAZING job of replicating the 32 inch Falcon model as she exists in the archives today.

I am interested in figuring out what pieces are missing from the 32" ILM and MR Falcons as compared to the Studio model during filming. If anyone knows what the actual pieces are and is willing to share that would be great but the first step is figuring out whats missing. A few were discussed here previously but I would like to get a more comprehensive list if we can.

I'll try to keep a list and photos here in the first post of the pieces as we list them out for all to reference.

What do you know?

1. "Shield" in front of the upper Quad Laser Turret
2. Detail piece just forward of that "Shield"
3. Detail on the lower outside of the front of the left mandible (Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T: Part D1)
4. Detail on the Outside of the Left Mandible (Hasegawa 1/72 Morser Karl: Part F2)
5. Detail on top of the starboard docking ring (Tamiya 1/700 British Navy Hood & E-Class Destroyer (kit 31806): Part A32)
6. 2 small details on the starboard sidewall of the upper gun turret hump (Just Styrene??)
7. Detail piece at the end of one of the long straight pipes on the middle section. (It's the same as the piece at the end of the second pipe.)
8. Detail on the center outside of the front of the left mandible just above missing part 3
9. Detail on the underside - rear section near the center.
10. Tiny 90 degree pipe detail on top of the center "spine" about 4 inches back from the edge

Photos:
falcon_missing1_B.jpg

Ok guys please help ...I only need part #1,#8 and #9 to finish my mr replicas falcon, If someone knows what model this came from it would be very appreaciated....if you want to keep it a secret you can pm me and i will keep it to myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like it, but is it part of the flat piece behind it, or glued to a piece of styrene? could be used though!
any idea on part #1?

thanks

Monsieurtox

I think it's glued on a styrene strip or on another kitpart... Looks like 2 separate parts to me !

I have no idea about the part 1, sorry...

bump for this part....it is the only part left to put on my falcon......#1 The Plate in front of the quad guns......need help on this one, I think we are all still looking, if not please help.

Thanks to all who have contributed to finding these parts

Mark

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back