Parts currently "missing" from the 32" Falcon

Re: Parts "missing" from the MR Falcon

Ahh now i look harder at this i see your meaning LP. You mean the whole #2 assembly including the triangular shield too?
Hmm still looks like a 312b caliper is glued to that , but again its hard to see, does Steve know of this part?

lee

Steve scratchbuilt his.
(hope he doesn't mind borrowing the pic from his thread)

sdmf02.jpg

I was just reading a post from Frank Cerney in the MR Falcon Scale thread and thought I would clear up something here...

I've just edited the first post to be more clear about what I want this thread to be. I'm really curious about how the 32" ILM falcon has changed over the years and I think others are as well. This thread is NOT a place to complain about the MR Falcon. The thing is a beautiful piece and deserves your respect as an amazing piece of licensed, mass produced product as do ALL those involved in its development and those that came before them building their Falcons from Scratch with nothing but grainy photos as reference.

There are a few people like Frank, Moe, and Tim that led the way on the Falcon for all of us to be able to see it as we do now. There are plenty more now building and learning the bird in all her details. Hopefully you guys are willing to contribute here and share some of your knowledge. You are in the trenches so to speak on this and I'm sure have some insights that would surprise us all.

Missing piece #9 on the underside - rear section near the center.

falcon_missing9.jpg

Ok, I REALLY have other stuff to do today, but this is getting addictive. :confused

YES, I checked. I have the 9 meg version of that Chronicles pic and the part noted above is definitely missing! I was going to grab some Silpac and just pull a quick mold BUT the problem is that the port and starboard parts are mirror images of each other, so you can't use one to replace the other. Dang. Another scratchbuild...

So I will SEE your nine and RAISE you. Looking at the ILM as-filmed images, I found another!

Center spine... 3 1/2 inches back. There are two rectangular details turned 90 degrees to each other. The most-rearward one has a L-shaped pipe hanging out in the air and connecting to the detail right behind it. It is NOT on the MR. At least this will be an easy one!

But I stink at posting pics.

So...TEN!

HAH!

Wow, your guys attention to detail is amazing. I hope to be confident enough to try a studio scale piece with all its parts one day. Good work, and I will watch this one just out of curiosity.

Alexis
*smiles*

I have a question.....on the left mandable, there is two parts on there, are they the same part that goes on the right mandable?

Last edited:

On a quick glance, part 2 seems to be the 1/12 312b brake caliper guys (same used on the TIE hub), dont quote me but ive looked at F1's till im boggle eyed and im sure thats the kit.
Just a question, adding these parts, would that marry up ok seeing as the MR is a tad shrunken due to molding? Just wondered how much smaller she is to the prop?

lee
so can you show us the part from the kit?

Looking at the esb falcon in the sag book.....the two parts at the end of the two pipes is the same as the parts at the each pipe going up the center towards the turrent.The one on the MR falcon next to the one missing is not right.
5207079.jpeg

Last edited:

hi does anybody have a more clearer picture of this part....I am adding it to my mr falcon and want to know where exactly to cut it.

9346347.jpeg

Bumping the thread since it was mentioned in the other Falcon building thread.
Only 2 of the 10 missing parts were ever positively ID'd.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back