Star Trek TOS Command Chair

TOSPHASER

Sr Member
Hey Guys.....here is a little something I have beeen working on and wanted to see what everyone thinks of it so far........sorry about the pix, all I have is a pc mounted cam and the size and quality is poor.

picture0183ze.jpg

picture0190mm.jpg

picture0205qa.jpg

picture0216pk.jpg

Ah... the Madison. :D

That looks mighty fine, TOSPHASER.

Did you use the specs from A.S.A.P.?

Very nice work on the padding. I understand that's one of the hardest parts to get right. It looks about perfect (although there appears to be a very small indentation on the seat pad front and center, causing a minor asymmetry... maybe it's just the light).

I'm looking forward to WIP pics as you continue with the rest of the chair. Great job. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Originally posted by temponaut@Mar 12 2006, 11:41 AM
Ah... the Madison.  :D

That looks mighty fine, TOSPHASER. 

Did you use the specs from A.S.A.P.?

Very nice work on the padding.  I understand that's one of the hardest parts to get right.  It looks about perfect (although there appears to be a very small indentation on the seat pad front and center, causing a minor asymmetry... maybe it's just the light).

I'm looking forward to WIP pics as you continue with the rest of the chair.  Great job.  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup
[snapback]1204199[/snapback]​

Thanks guys...........it is from the specs. over at A.S.A.P.
I do have the center of the cushion a little too tight. that is whay it looks that way.....I will loosen it up a bit :D
I will post some pix as I go along for all the Trek fans over here.

Originally posted by apollo@Mar 12 2006, 12:11 PM
...and somewhere in a Doctors waiting room a seat is missing.  ;)

Looks great so far..
[snapback]1204221[/snapback]​

:lol It's hard to believe that some people may and are still sitting in those while waiting to see the old Doc.
Thanks Apollo

I would have to say that stretching the vinyl was by far the hardest part. here is a couple of pix of my first try a while back with no real specs. :lol
Note the flat bottom and flat back.

m564ui.png

pict00110ye.jpg

ma4aw.png

Whoa. It looks as if you're already virtually finished.

Are you just re-doing the Madison components to improve the look of your finished chair, or is this a whole new and improved Command Chair, building on what you learned on the first go round?

Originally posted by temponaut@Mar 12 2006, 12:33 PM
Whoa.  It looks as if you're already virtually finished. 

Are you just re-doing the Madison components to improve the look of your finished chair, or is this a whole new and improved Command Chair, building on what you learned on the first go round?
[snapback]1204241[/snapback]​
It's an all new and improved chair.............what you see on the other is as far as I got on it..............the new owner is finishing it.........this go-round I want it as screen accurate as possible. :love

Originally posted by TOSPHASER@Mar 13 2006, 04:37 AM
what you see on the other is as far as I got on it..............the new owner is finishing it.........this go-round I want it as screen accurate as possible. :love
Cool. The other guy gets a great start on a Command Chair, and you get to hone your vision and skills without ending up with a dozen chairs piled up in the garage. :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back