"ROCKETEER" The Vacuum Cleaner? New Pics & Info- Post #13!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Does anyone know what make and model the vacuum cleaner that will never fall into enemy hands was?

I remember someone sold one on eBay years ago, and I took all the info down on it, but that was at least two dead hard drives ago.

If I can find one, this would be the ultimate inside joke for my "Buzz Bomb" costume this summer! :lol

Thanks!

-Sarge

Last edited:
Re: "ROCKETEER" The Vacuum Cleaner?

Ok, did a screen grab earlier, it's a Hoover of some model or another...

RocketeerHoover.jpg

Any guesses?

-Sarge

Ok, did a screen grab earlier, it's a Hoover of some model or another...

Wow, being in the vacuum repair buisness, I have never came across this model, but I do have access to every schematic for every vacuum ever made...I can do some research.

FOUND IT!

...and it's NOT a Hoover- it's a Franken-sucker made from at least two other vacs with an added Hoover medallion and scratch built wings. I've found the one the main body is made from, and it seems to be the only one up for grabs right now- I'll post the make and model once I know it's secured.

-Sarge

This is gonna be a fun thread!!

I hope this particular vacume cleaner doesn't fall into the wrong hands!!!

wow, how hard are these to find?

Well, there's none on eBay "this" week, but I only started looking a few days ago. There might be more up later. The ones we'll want are pre 1953 models when they changed the nosecone to a flatter more boring design. Also, like the Ghostbusters PKE shoe polisher, these were made by two different companies.

Also, on a side note- I think the oxygen destroyer from the first Godzilla might have been made from the end caps of a japanese clone of a 1925 electrolux-

luxv.jpg

g54od.jpg

-Sarge

Last edited:

ROCKIN'! Mine's being picked up tonight! Many, MANY thanks to Firefox31 for picking it up for me! :):thumbsup

Here's pics of the one I'm getting-

oexloxcovnus.jpg
cbckcmzodhzg.jpg

uakjhccpykzm.jpg

klpgrfsngtxp.jpg

wlomcfhaqqsk.jpg

It's a "Kenmore Commander", made from 1939 till the mid 50's. They came in two versions- a horizontal model with wheels and a carry handle, and this cart version that has the short, stubby "fin" on the back instead of the carry handle.

Enjoy and good hunting!

-Sarge

Ok,
After getting lost multiple times, finally found the place...I think BFE is more populated than this area..Anyway, Sarge, you are now the proud owner of this Kenmore Commander...ohh yeah...restore this thing, don't cut it up, as it still works...polished this is an amazing artifact... Mummy would be proud! You're welcome...
Cheers,
Will

Last edited:
Ha! Will just sent me a link to one of the floor models that just went up on eBay a couple hours ago! :lol

-Sarge

Yeah, I see one too. $20 bucks, but then $42 for shipping! Ouch!

Looking at the pictures, I just realized that my Aunt, who recently passed away, had one of these.

I always thought it was one of her oxygen tanks!
Damn, I'd bet good money it went to a goodwill or the Salvation Army. :confused

Thanks for posting th info on this!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back