Polar Lights 1:350 Enterprise 1701 from TMP

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This has been under wraps for a long time, but it can finally be told: Polar Lights is coming out with a LARGE SCALE (3 feet long, in scale with Unobtainium TOS Enterprise) kit of the movie version Enterprise!
icon_biggrin.gif

No "official" announcement until the end of February, but this tidbit appeared on the boards:

Yes the 1:350th scale Refit Enterprise kit is coming, Yes it is a 4th quarter 2004 item.
Yes it is planned @ 59.99 Suggested Retai price.

No I do not have photos yet.
The kit only exists as about 17 pages of drawings and some Chris White box art roughs today.
Mocking this up will take a minimum of 90-100 days. With some good luck we may have mock-up photos in time for Wonderfest.
Please disregard any rumors regarding details of the kit at this time Please do not spend a lot of time speculating.

I promise that will share details with you as they become available.

As I've said on our own BB plans drawn on paper have a nasty way of changing in the harsh light of production costs.

Please beleive me, we will do our best to give you the most kit possible for the dollar. I'm sure it will be an impressive model when it is done.

We are a LONG way from having a completed product at this date, I will try to provide updates for you all as soon as I can.

Dave Metzner
Brand Manager
Polar Lights

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13679&start=0

icon_biggrin.gif

- karl

Cool--now we can finally see how big the Enterprise is as compared to the TItanic (or any other 1:350 scale ship model you may have!)...

Here are some interesting charts that "John P" did and posted to the CultTVMan Hobbytalk board (I just lifted them to post here, if that was out of line LMK and I'll yank em)...

Here are the various TOS and refit Enterprise kits that have been or will be released:

1701modelchart.jpg

And take a look at this... the size of all the various Starships Enterprise (except the 1701-E and the NX-01) all in 1:350 scale:

1-350enterprises.jpg

So the D would be six feet long.... the size of the original ILM miniature made for TNG!
icon_biggrin.gif

- Karl

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
phase pistol wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>

So the D would be six feet long.... the size of the original ILM miniature made for TNG!
icon_biggrin.gif

- Karl
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Well come on then, Polar Lights -- Let's see the "D" as well!
icon_wink.gif

I hope PL does a 1:350 Enterprise-C model too. Would be nice to have all the Enterprises the same scale. And a big scale at that
icon_wink.gif
. It also would be nice to have the Enterprise-B and Excelsior in a 1:350 size scale.....I was disappointed with the size of the AMT/ERLT Excelsior/Enterprise-B kits. And with the PL Refit Enterprise being as big as it's going to be.....all I can say is..... ERTL eat your heart out
icon_lol.gif

Trent

This kit had better be perfect, I mean perfect in every way. I hope there will be after market lighting kits for this bad boy. To not light this sucker would be a crime.
icon_wink.gif

I hope they don't have the delays in releasing this kit like they are having with the NX-01.

Well, considering Thomas Sasser is involved with the E-Refit/A I'd expect it to be pretty damn near perfect... I just can't fathom how they plan to support the engine nacelles on this thing. That is ALOT of weight for just plastic to support...

As for a 350 Excelsior... god I hope not... I'd have to buy a new house with a bedroom just for these models...

-Gary

gw2tulsa wrote:
As for a 350 Excelsior... god I hope not... I'd have to buy a new house with a bedroom just for these models...

-Gary

Awww.....You're no fun.
icon_wink.gif

With this kit coming out I wonder if I should get rid of my smoothie.

Boba Flint wrote:
With this kit coming out I wonder if I should get rid of my smoothie.

I'll take that old inaccurate smoothie off your hands for... $20!
icon_biggrin.gif

- K

gw2tulsa wrote:
I just can't fathom how they plan to support the engine nacelles on this thing. That is ALOT of weight for just plastic to support...

-Gary

Have you ever seen how thick some of their plastic kits are? I have a feeling that the support struts for the nacelles will be thick enough to support your car if they follow the way some of their other kits go.

yes...... yessss.... YESSS....

I have Lusted after the northstar refit, but couldnt stomach the almost 2k price tag..

Now.. this comes along.. omg.. perfect!!!

*PRAYS FOR ACCURACY AND GOOD FIT!!*

Figures.com got this shot of the preliminary box art... which I HOPE is not the final because frankly they've done better.

PL_1-350_refit_boxart.jpg

- Karl

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back