Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD! for sale at CV!

re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

Its my fault guys Ive looked at this about 80,000 times! LOL!

As always (starting to sound like a broken record) YOU ARE THE MAN TOM!

Well TSD are the men... err something. :lol

(y)thumbsup

VERY nice work bud! I knew you did kicka$$ stuff, but wow...

A friend of mine actually emailed me a link to this thread...and he doesn't follow props, or the rpf. So probably one of the other links Ken posted is bringing all the hits...well that and OldKen :lol

So....if you got it on with your assistant on that desk...... would that make it a 3 way?

Speechless. Awesome job guys.

Last edited:

That looks great. I've been contemplating converting my Illusive Concepts HIC into a door for a "DVD Vault" when I get to design my Entertainment/Display room, but this has me thinking in other directions!

That is probably the best and coolest merging of a prop being turned into a functional item. Absolutely fantastic.:love

So when do you start production for all the rest of them?:love

Just amazing Tom. It's been said about 9 pages over... amazing.

Well TSD are the men... err something. :lol

Hahaa... thanks on that! I can't let Rich go without his share (a big one!) of the credit for bringing this to life and really nailing the look based on my mockups. He knocked this out of the park!

As for the views and links, it seems quite a few blogs are carrying the story now! It's just nice that folks dig the piece :)

Tom

You're up to 110,000+ views now. Does anyone know what the record for viewing a thread is?

You're up to 110,000+ views now. Does anyone know what the record for viewing a thread is?

Well, up until about 4 years ago, we had a page here on the RPF which ranked threads by greatest # of posts, views, as well as ranking members who had the most posts, etc. But that page isn't here anymore, and even when it was available, the top-viewed thread was no more than 10,000 to 15,000 views. And I haven't seen any threads even close to Tom's since then, either. I'd bet the farm that this is the record. By far. (And deservedly so, as his desk is one of the very coolest props we've ever seen here.)

The Wook

I agree! This is by far the coolest thing I've seen here, and that's saying a LOT!

:)

Thanks everyone!

The response to this piece has been just incredible. We've updated our site today with an expanded "Furniture and Functional Art" section which features photos of the desk, some themed chairs and elements that Richard's created and concepts we've got for future projects.

http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/Furniture.html

ALSO - A big heads up to fans of G4TV... the desk is being featured on Attack of the Show! tonight!

Very cool, in a nerdy sort of way! :)

Tom

yeah, i saw it on attack of the show, congragulations! its an amazing prop, turned into an even more amazing desk

I YouTubed the Attack of the Show clip and put it up on my blog:

LINK

Congrats, Tom. :)

Jason

WOW!~

I so love that.

I have an Illusives Han.

It doesnt look like it would take that much to do it.
May I ask was the base an illusives?

May I also ask...
How could I get the blueprints or at least the patterb for the ends?

Let me know
Tom!

looks really nice, i'd be tempted with making one myself if i had the room. one thing though... the table with the glass on top looks really high compared to the chair, the top of the han box looks about the right height for a desk, but the extra space for the glass looks like it takes it too high to be used comfortably... what are the dimensions of the desk?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back