Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD! for sale at CV!

re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

I dunno, I'd be scared I'd bump a switch and end up with a blind Harrison Ford trapped under the glass :|

Tom,

You guys did an outstanding job with this! Definitely an amazing piece to have in an office, very dramatic but also a lot of fun. I hope the owner of this piece is EXTREMELY happy with it. Otherwise I will take it. ;)

-Bryan

I must have one of those for my new office. That'd be so cool! You should have a Boba Fett sit at the chair with his feet up.:lol

Very creative. Very nice indeed.

I love it when something comes right out of left field like this design.

Very creative. Very nice indeed.

I love it when something comes right out of left field like this design.

Philip, to be totally honest, my first inclination was that this was something you had built for your office. :)

You should have a Boba Fett sit at the chair with his feet up.:lol

That's a missed opportunity on our part, eh? That would've made a great photo!! :lol

Just wanted to post a BIG thanks for all the kind words. It means a lot to us that people appreciate the work and the design of the piece... for those that haven't clicked through to the site, there's a little bit of info there about the person we pulled this together for (no, not Phil, unless he's now part of a Grammy-award winning Christian rock band? :D )

for a little more info: http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/

Rich and I are looking forward to several original (non-movie-related) projects like this and we're continuing to expand our services designing and creating custom furniture and home theater pieces.

As always, keep an eye on the TSD site for future projects and don't hesitate to email us with inquiries for original designs or custom work.

Thanks again for the kind words!
Tom

Thats awsome.. But why not make the panels to be actually possible to open like a desk drawer. Functionality and props work well together.
People love functional props.

Thats awsome.. But why not make the panels to be actually possible to open like a desk drawer. Functionality and props work well together.
People love functional props.

That was my first thought, making the panels actual drawers...actually my first thought was "holy sh@t". NICE WORK!
mike

WOW that looks incredible!!! Eat your heart out IKEA!!! I think you've justfound a new role in life... Supply of Movie set furnishings. We can have the Hobbit hole line and the Yoda Dagobah Swamp (never need to wash) kitchen units.

Anyway, seriously, you've done a great thing there. I'd like to say I'm surprised but nothing ever surprises me knowing what you guys are capable of ;)

Cheers

Phil

Absolutely amazing work, Tom (as usual :thumbsup)

Funny thing is, I was looking through some old pics this afternoon on my PC, and re-discovered the pic of you standing beside your lifesize Wampa creature. Now that was seriously impressive IMO, but you seem to be getting better and better all the time! :confused

Now, I hate it when people suggest stuff *after* a project has been completed, but it would've been pretty cool if you could have incorporrated that technology (I'm too lazy to Google it :p) where an electric current is passed through glass, which remians transparent, until the electricity supply is disconnected and the glass becomes opaque.

That way, your client could choose who he revealed his geekdom to, and kept it a secret from the rest :lol

Can't wait to see what you come up with next, mate :)

Cheers,
John

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back