Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD! for sale at CV!

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Han Solo in Carbonite Desk / Table - custom themed furniture from Tom Spina Designs!

Edit - after a showing at Star Wars Celebration V, this classic Han Solo Carbonite table sold for charity for $10,500! You can read more about that here: http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/Han-Solo-Carbonite-Desk-Charity-CV.html

Hey all,

Just updated http://www.tomspinadesigns.com with some pics of a new project that Richard and I worked on together. You can now find it on our Custom Themed Furniture page

We had someone looking for a highly unique desk with a sci-fi theme for his home theater/home studio office. I created several designs and eventually hit upon the idea of using a Han in Carbonite (derived from an old Illusive Concepts artist proof) as the top of a combination desk and art piece.

I did the initial concept and sketches and Richard handled the details, worked with the metal shop and did the final build. Two RPF'rs also contributed resin detail pieces (where better to go than the RPF for the best parts around?).

The main "box" for the desk is custom metal, as are the computer cut side boxes which both light up with an orange glow. The piece is finished with a 1/2" thick glass table top.

We're both really proud of this piece and hope you enjoy the pics :)

best,
Tom

Han-Carbonite-Star-Wars-Furniture-desk-1_1.jpgHan-Carbonite-Star-Wars-Furniture-desk-2_1.jpg

Last edited:
re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

GOOD FREAKING NIGHT!

That's awesome(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Wow, that is freakin awesome! Very creative idea, and well done!

Sean

Brilliant! I can almost picture Vader perched behind that desk struggling to solve a Rubix cube... :lol

That is awesome. I was actually considering something like this if I could ever get a HIC.

eh...it's okay...

Just kidding! Truly a work of art! Well done!
Man I want one of those!

THAT IS JUST CRAZY! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Easily one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Wow! Just wow! That's one of the most amazing pieces of furniture I've ever seen.

Utterly superb!
Well done guys - it's been great seeing this come together. The end result is spectacular!

Chris

Tom & Richard, that is so frakking cool. :eek

And practical too--the sculpture is a great built-in incentive to keep your desk clutter-free. :lol

The Wook

You guys keep amazing me, man. WOW! I bet Sansweet doesn't have one of those! :love

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back