Tie Pilot costume parts for a child?

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any leads on a child size tie pilot armor parts?

I have the helmet. I need the body armor and chest box.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does it have to be 100% accurate? You can hand shape the armor with sintra easy enough. The box could be made from a pencil box of some kind in a fairly convincing manner I think.

Scott

a girl in our garrison made armor for her child out of fun foam.

It looks really good, and is safe. I'm not sure how well that will translate to TIE armor, but it is cheap enough to experiment with.

-cris

What type of sintra would work? thickness, etc? I have never worked with it and could use some advice.

I've used 2mm Sintra for kid's armor, or sections of a kids helmet. It bends really well by using a heat gun or boiling water. The center is made of foam sandwiched between thin plastic. It's paintable and fairly tough and flexible. You can glue it or score it...

If a child really wants to play in the armor, make your main section out of Sintra and the remainder out of that soft fun foam.

If you use just Sintra, I would make a soft cloth and foam vest and attache the armor to it. Keeps the pinching down.

A 4x 8 sheet of Sintra should be around $22.00.

Sintra is just a big flat PVC pipe. Same material. I cut the shape I needed, first using newspaper to create a stencil. Then I made a big pot of boiling water and dipped it in for a few seconds. I was able to shape it with my bare hands. Now, I don't think you could get any raised box-like areas that you'd have on vacuformed TIE armor, but you'll be able to bend it at the sides and the should strap areas.

Scott

Sintra is just a big flat PVC pipe. Same material. I cut the shape I needed, first using newspaper to create a stencil. Then I made a big pot of boiling water and dipped it in for a few seconds. I was able to shape it with my bare hands. Now, I don't think you could get any raised box-like areas that you'd have on vacuformed TIE armor, but you'll be able to bend it at the sides and the should strap areas.

Scott

I made the armor for my daughter Alyssa out of vinyl so it's flexible. It's not canon, but it's recognizable and cute.

mailbox2.jpg

mailbox1.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back