Serenity Baton, Marty Moose Glasses Update!

blufive

Sr Member
I know some of you are wondering what in the world is going on with these projects. Well, never fear! I haven't fallen off the face of the planet (yet) but here is what's going on.

Marty Moose Glasses - The antler mold was not designed right and I was getting a LOT of air pockets in these things. I really should have built in air vents but I didn't remember until AFTER the mold was done.

I have the antler master laying in clay right now. I just need to mix and pour the rubber and then repeat this for the other side of the mold.

I have shipped one of these kits but that's all. The last time I tried to cast these parts, I ended up throwing out three sets of antlers due to air pockets.

The new mold will aleviate this problem BUT there will be more clean up involved to get rid of the venting sprues.

Serenity Batons - The resin I used for the batons is black so no painting is required. However, the master had machining marks that I didn't notice until after I pulled my first casting so of course, the mold picked up these marks and all of the castings have them as well.

The resin kicks in three minutes, which isn't enough time to apply pressure or vacuum to deair it. The outside of the castings are bubble free but once you start sanding to get rid of the machining marks, you hit air bubbles.

I purchased a bead blasting machine today from Harbor Freight and I'm setting it up now. I'm hoping that bead blasting will take off enough material to remove the marks but NOT so much that the bubbles start to show.

Of course, I set up the machine backwards so I have to almost completely disassemble it and then reassemble it before I can begin testing it.

:rolleyes

At this time, only one person (that I'm aware of) has sent me a payment for merchandise that I have not yet been able to deliver.

I know how complicated things get here with my family, full time job, household duties and casting so I try to not take funds for items I don't have on the shelf and ready to ship.

Jeff A. is waiting on a Marty Moose glass and has paid in full. If anyone else has paid me and I have not yet delivered, please PM me so I can get my records straight.

Please understand I am not attempting to make excuses! These conditions are what they are and nothing else.

I thank you for your patience! Stay tuned for further updates on both of these projects.

:)

hey can you make the replica's of the mugs and antlers??? If so how much do you charge I want some without having to pay 60 dollars for each mug and 55 for the antlers.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back