1/350 Botany Bay (improved version)

REL

Sr Member
I remade my Botany Bay a few weeks ago in preparation to sell it on another site's store, those plans have now been canceled so I'll be re-releasing it myself.

Also, I attended a mold making seminar put on by Smooth-on, as a result I now know how to design molds better with better seams.

Here's the improvements:

1. Parts are now pressure cast.
2. Cargo pods are now one piece instead of 5 separate ones.
3. Small detail pieces are also molded in instead of cast separately.
4. Crisper cast antenna parts

I'll be doing a small run of 20, price is $75 with shipping. I will also replace any bad casts I sent out last year, just contact me to let me know.

People that are expecting these with their other orders will get the new version at no extra cost.

Pic of old one built as I don't have a new one built up.
bb_kk4.jpg

Thanks

I have not built mine yet but I am interested in the new improved antenna since I was going to modify that part. Can you post pictures of the new part? BTW, It's hard to believe that you could improve on the previous kit. It is great!!!

Will

Not to take away from this but I have a question. The cargo boxes, is that what Khan and his crew were living in in Wrath?

Not to take away from this but I have a question. The cargo boxes, is that what Khan and his crew were living in in Wrath?

Well, unless they went back and picked up the Botany Bay, I'd say no. Khan releases the BB from the Enterprise's tractor beam in Space Seed.

And they re-used cargo containers from The Motion Picture in Wrath of Khan for the containers they were living in. Which probably wouldn't have been the same as the ones used in the TOS, maybe.

Last edited:
Well, unless they went back and picked up the Botany Bay, I'd say no. Khan releases the BB from the Enterprise's tractor beam in Space Seed.

And they re-used cargo containers from The Motion Picture in Wrath of Khan for the containers they were living in. Which probably wouldn't have been the same as the ones used in the TOS, maybe.

I forgot he released the ship in Space seed - this is a great kit btw. I never noticed the submarine front before.

I forgot he released the ship in Space seed - this is a great kit btw. I never noticed the submarine front before.

But in Wrath of Khan dosen't Chekov freak out when he discovers that he and Terrell are inside whats left of the Botany Bay?

I'll have to re-watch that one.

Evan

He finds a belt buckle hanging from the wall that says "Botany Bay" on it then says "Botany Bay... BOTANY BAY! Oh no. Thank God I wasn't in the episode Space Seed or I'd be scared."

He finds a belt buckle hanging from the wall that says "Botany Bay" on it then says "Botany Bay... BOTANY BAY! Oh no. Thank God I wasn't in the episode Space Seed or I'd be scared."

Never mind you weren't in the episode, Chekov wasn't in the episode was he lol :wacko

REL, are you still offering to make and sell these? Or is this ancient history? Thanks.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back