Identifying Dean Corso's bag from The Ninth Gate

I've been following this thread for a while and the bag in question is very, very close. I

That said, the bag in the film seems to either have been modified or is different. In one scene Depp is looking for something in the bag and there are *two* internal compartments. If there were two the airline ticket would have needed to be folded.

It looks like the two smaller outer pockets have been sewn together and turned into a larger compartment giving two usable spaces rather than one and two next to useless pockets.

In the scene he has the book in the back compartment and he pulls stuff out of the front compartment, passport, pack of tissues, airline ticket etc.

If you look at the picture in this link:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/identifying-dean-corsos-bag-ninth-gate-3899/

you can see that the front two pockets look sewn together to make one big one.

From personal experience of this type of small pocket I suspect this was done because getting stuff out of those small pockets is a pain.

You dive in with your hand and can no longer see what you want. You grab something and then find that because you're holding whatever it is your hand is now too large to pull out of the small pocket without letting go of what you're holding!

Neither practical or elegant having a character fumble in his bag trying to fish something out with two fingers.

Mason

Hi, everybody!
I am from Ukraine. And looking for this bag too.
I have been following this thread a long time and to know many interesting. Thanks everybody.
Now i am searching this bag in ebay, but no result. If anybody to know where i can get it, please type in this thread or e-mail (ale_ander@rambler.ru)
Exactly - i don't need bag from schipperfabrik. I need only original. Thanks.....
Sorry for my bad english.

Sorry for the jab bro. It is just that your first post is I WANT ______. Want to buy threads belong in the Junkyard and AFTER you have acquainted yourself with the site and have some decent posts. You must have skimmed through this thread because post #38 should have tipped you off that I was talking out my ###.

Thanks for posting the pics, TyskiDaro - the repro looks a lot better in your photos than off the Schipperfabrik website. Nice :thumbsup
With the kind help of another RPF user, I finally acquired an original. Even though it needs cleaning/restoration yet, I'm very pleased with it:

Finally managed to get a real one (thanks Julien). Unfortunately, it is missing the strap. The hunt continues...

corsobag01.jpg

I just purchased one of the bags on the French Ebay. Along with the pictures of the bag, he also sent me this picture of how the French military actually carried the bag, along with three other bags. He's obviously a militaria collector and history buff but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.
P1150881.jpg

I got myself a Schipperfabrik bag as well. To my eye, it is an excellent repro. I have also had an original. Very close. I sold the original due to low funds. The only thing that is a slight bit bothersome on the repro is that the color of the leather is a tad too light. Otherwise I love it. I carry it pretty much everywhere. My EDC bag.

What's the average price for an original? Someone posted 100 euros before and I was wondering if that's about what they go for?

Hey guys,

I have been following this thread for a long time so thank you!

I recently acquired two of these bags in real good condition.. But one has some old dust and dirt from storage. No stains or anything.

Can someone tell me what is the best way to clean this type of old material? I know how to restore and moisturize the leather.. But no idea how to clean up the cotton canvas mixed cloth material.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Love this place :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back