My PVC/Resin E-11

Reelo

Sr Member
I've built this baby over the course of the last year, but only now (after having found some decent-looking albeit possibly still too slim T-tracks) have I come around to grabbing a good digicam and shooting some pictures outside in good light.

It's your basic PVC barrel for which I've been using the BBC tutorial, as for the other parts, they are resin casts courtesy of a BBC member. As can be seen, the scope had some air bubbles which I was (back then) too inexperienced to deal with accordingly, but I still think my blaster (and its display stand) turned out great. I'm especially proud of the gloss grip / matte barrel contrast, as well as the smooth transition from magwell to barrel (looks almost like welded metal to my eye) The scope also has a lens from a disposable camera at the front.

The only thing missing (so far) are the spiraling cables from the Hengstler, but I think it looks good enough without.
I'm sure a lot of you can point out a few inaccuracies (compared to the real movie props) but, hey, this was the very first prop I built.

Anyway, here's the pictures, I hope you enjoy them.

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

Sweet! I bet that's the right lightweight blaster for trooping!
Could maybe need a little more metal-like shine (for my taste).

But came out great for your first prop anyway!!!

First of all, thanks for the kind replies and words of appreciation!

I'm aware of the fact that the flat black should have more of a "metalized" look to it, but I just couldn?t find the right way to do it. Maybe I should have given it a few coats of silver spray before doing it black, and then use a steel-wool rub to get the silver to shine through a bit. I don't know...

Nice where did you get the track from ?

The T-Track I used is a (hard) plastic T-Track which I bought in a hobby store here in Luxembourg. It comes in different shapes and sizes (also U-Channles for a RotJ-style E-11) and the one I used measures:

8mm width
8mm height
1mm strength
and they all come in 1m strips.

I had to use a candle to heat and bend it, so I carefully measured the exact length and bending angle needed for a nice look. Then I sprayed them black like the rest of the gun. I still have a bit of the material left, which I'm gonna use for my Heiland flash-gun ANH Vader conversion, but I still got to figure out how to attach it. Unfortunately, it's flat, bur the flashgun is round, so just using double-faced adhesive tape ain't gonna do the trick very well.

Anyway, here's some pics of the T-Track as it comes from the store.

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Dude, that looks the business!!

I would however, echo the comments that the blaster is not all one flat finish; Grip being gloss to semi gloss, adding wear to the highly handled areas, etc...

Just for ref's and haha's, here's a few pics of my PVC E-11...
PVCe11pics033.jpg

PVCe11pics032.jpg

PVCe11pics031.jpg

PVCe11pics029.jpg
\

HTH

Don

This was your first build? That's awesome! I love it. I'm not likely to get into the trooping aspect, but I'm planning on making my own E-11 someday as well.
Does anyone know if there are already CAD versions of the templates, or just images of these CAD files? If not, I'll probably be recreating them in CAD for the slim possibility I can get them laser cut.

First of all, thanks for the kind replies and words of appreciation!

I'm aware of the fact that the flat black should have more of a "metalized" look to it, but I just couldn?t find the right way to do it. Maybe I should have given it a few coats of silver spray before doing it black, and then use a steel-wool rub to get the silver to shine through a bit. I don't know...

The T-Track I used is a (hard) plastic T-Track which I bought in a hobby store here in Luxembourg. It comes in different shapes and sizes (also U-Channles for a RotJ-style E-11) and the one I used measures:

8mm width
8mm height
1mm strength
and they all come in 1m strips.

I had to use a candle to heat and bend it, so I carefully measured the exact length and bending angle needed for a nice look. Then I sprayed them black like the rest of the gun. I still have a bit of the material left, which I'm gonna use for my Heiland flash-gun ANH Vader conversion, but I still got to figure out how to attach it. Unfortunately, it's flat, bur the flashgun is round, so just using double-faced adhesive tape ain't gonna do the trick very well.

Anyway, here's some pics of the T-Track as it comes from the store.

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg
I was just in Luxembourg last week. I wish I would have stopped by that hobby store, because now I need some T-Track to build myself a blaster. Oh well, maybe I find it around my current local area of Livorno, Italy.

This was your first build? That's awesome! I love it. I'm not likely to get into the trooping aspect, but I'm planning on making my own E-11 someday as well.
Does anyone know if there are already CAD versions of the templates, or just images of these CAD files? If not, I'll probably be recreating them in CAD for the slim possibility I can get them laser cut.
Did you ever find your templates?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back