Ultraman Costume?

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My brother in law read my mind this last christmas and got me two Ultraman box sets and I've been slowly watching them since.

Hot damn, what a great show!

Anyways, what's the word on making a homemade Ultraman suit?

Has anybody gone much beyond spray painting a neoprene wetsuit and strapping on a premade mask?

Such a setup would probably get you 80% there but that's never good enough, right!?

Nick

196009217_c732bf04dc.png

Attachments

• 196009217_c732bf04dc.png
    196009217_c732bf04dc.png
    2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Yes those are a hoot! I recently got the second set. I can still remember using a bicycle grip as the beta capsule during recess in kindergarten! lol!

I loved UltraMan as a kid and was stoked beyond belief when I moved to Japan a few years ago and learned that it NEVER WENT OFF THE AIR! Yessir - every year there is a new Ultra Team that runs around while a new UltraMan crashed through miniature buildings. THe new shows are fantastic - and the miniature effects are great. THe suits all look like foam fabrication (for musculature) under a neoprene top skin. Too cool for school - I loved the dramatic voice over that would announce the dreaded blinking of UltraMan's chest light :)

Yeah, UltraMan never disappeared. As a matter of fact this year's show, Ultraseven X, is the first UM series made exclusively for an adult audience and it really shows in the costume.

u7xrq7949.jpg

I know that the original UM suits were just painted wetsuits, but the newer suits are neoprene covered musclesuits, although very primitive ones mostly.

My only problem is that once I imagined those two eye holes on the mask as pupils I could never stop, and now every older UltraMan looks cross-eyed to me. It's like the damned FedEx arrow!

Attachments

• u7xrq7949.jpg
    u7xrq7949.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 35
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back