My Office/Prop Room/Museum......Pics!!!

vaderdarth

Master Member
Hi guys, I'm finally moving along far enough to actually photograph my in progress Prop Room. Right now it's bare bones but it's beginning to take shape. I'm planning on putting all the blasters up on the wall, and the entire room will ultimately be ANH, but I had to use a few other OT pieces to help fill it out a bit until I get the second room going. Just about every piece in here is still in progress, but at least it's far enough along to display. :) Upcoming pieces will be a full size R2D2, SS Xwing fighter, SS Star Destroyer, SS TIE fighter. Old Ben Mannequin, Stormtrooper Mannequin, ESB Fett Helmet, ROTJ Emperor Mannequin and much much more. Stay Tuned.

img4934yi1.jpg

img4935bi4.jpg

img4937jx5.jpg

img4933xf0.jpg

img4929um4.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, I am jealous. Not only is your collection amazing but your display method is so uncluttered and classy. You should update this regularly.

Josh

COOL! :eek

You've got some lovely pieces, and you're displaying them in an uncommon and imaginative way. Impressive... most impressive! :thumbsup

I'll be looking forward to updates.

By the way, I love the little doorway. Where does it lead? It looks as if Master Yoda might have made his entrance through there. :)

Thanks for sharing your room with us. :love

Thanks guys, yes I have alot of things on the way for these rooms. I've only mentioned a few things. Once I get the main objects in place for each room, I'll be adding name plaques and reference photos beside each prop where possible. I also have autographed photos of the stars that will be near some of the appropriate props. I'll stick lightsabers in the dead areas. The main ANH room is gonna be divided by Rebel or Imperial or Neutral more or less. In the second room, it will be a mixed bag of ESB/ROTJ mainly and a couple prequel items thrown in the mix. My plan is to make four large wooden wall plaques which will hold a helmet/chestbox/belt/lightsaber for each version of Vader; then put a large corner display of a complete ROTJ Vader Reveal Helmet. Between the reveal display and the Emperor mannequin I will be displaying the phenomenal "Redemption" poster which was painted by our very own Darth Jones. :) He added a custom Vader sketch and signed it down at the bottom!!! Woo Hoo!!! The only prequel items to be found in the second room will be the Yoda saber, the Maul Saber and a Barriss Offee Saber (my daughter's favorite Jedi Knight). :) And of course I will be adding the Thermal Detonator, Fett Helmet, Medal of Yavin (ANH room).

If my luck holds out, Randy Cooper will be starting on a SS Sandcrawler to go near my Jawa Display........and the last two SS items I'd like to put in are the SS Landspeeder and DV TIE fighter. Then last but not least, A full sized C3PO to go next to my R2, and an Interrogation Droid to go next to my ANH Vader.

Dave :)

Very nice!

What did you use for the black stands?

Those pedestals are made by a company called pedestals.com

You get 8 for roughly $350. They are shipped in a single large carton. They are modular in that you can make the pedestals in several different sizes to fit your needs. I have 4 of them under my Falcon until I can build something solid. I plan to stick to the fluted look on the future custom stand however just to keep the room uniform.

COOL! :eek

You've got some lovely pieces, and you're displaying them in an uncommon and imaginative way. Impressive... most impressive! :thumbsup

I'll be looking forward to updates.

By the way, I love the little doorway. Where does it lead? It looks as if Master Yoda might have made his entrance through there. :)

Thanks for sharing your room with us. :love

The little doorway is for Yoda and Ewoks and Jawas to come and go as they please. It can also be used for Hobbits, should the need arise. :)

Seriously, that is just an access door that leads to a crawlspace which I use for storing empty cartons. I will have lots and lots of empty MR cartons.......LOL.

The little doorway is for Yoda and Ewoks and Jawas to come and go as they please. It can also be used for Hobbits, should the need arise. :)
:lol it's nice that they have the freedom to move about when there are no guests for whom they have to stand still.

I just finished reading your description of the master plan and many of the pieces still coming. You've obviously given this a great deal of thought, and both the overall design and the specific pieces you will display sound spectacular. What you've got on show right now, beautiful as it is, is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm really looking forward to progress shots as you move ever closer to realizing your vision.

Very inspiring! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Dare I say it... the stuff on display isn't doing much for me. But that desk? Coolness. :cool Very reminiscent of Don Vito's desk, ya know. :)

I'm trying to piss off George! I'm hoping that when he sees how the props should be displayed, he'll pay me a visit and gimme a piece of his mind.......LOL. He'll probably break something and then tell me "that's how I originally envisioned it anyway" just to be an ass!!! LOL

Dare I say it... the stuff on display isn't doing much for me. But that desk? Coolness. :cool Very reminiscent of Don Vito's desk, ya know. :)

Yes, the desk is a keeper. It was seen only briefly in the janitor's room aboard the first deathstar. If you push the green button, it makes fart sounds, push the red one, and you hear James Earl Jones saying "who's your daddy????"

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back