Spidy- Human spider costume

TK171

Hey All,

Anyone do this costume? What did you use for shoes??

I made one for my wife a few yrs ago, and we had a hard time finding the right shoes at the time. Now.. of course, I see Nike has a similar shoe out again... but just for the women. NIce for her, but the costume is universal to fit me, so I'm looking for ones for myself as well..

anyone have any leads?

heres a pic of the new nike womans shoe that I think looks pretty good:

[image]http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1d/www.eastbay.com/images/products/large/11958611_l.jpg[/image]

I assume you're talking about the Human SPIDER costume he wore during the wrestling match in the first Spiderman movie?

I understand they were some Nike high tops. I believe they were custom made but you can or at least could get them. Trouble was the color was wrong so you had to paint them.

Unfortunately I can't remember the style of shoe. :\

Weren't they Nike Dunk hi-tips?

dunk_hi_wht_red.jpg

If I remember they were custom colored though. The solid red with red soles and white stripes weren't available. At least at the time everyone wanted them. K

Opps.. Yeah, Spider, not Fly... was busy at work today (for once) and just typed too fast..

Will keep searching.. But that last pic looks pretty close, just wrong color scheme.

BTW J,

heard you won't be up for Convergence. You guys going to be up anytime other than that this summer? Maybe for the one man SW show?

Man, I wish I had saved all of those old human spider threads. I know the gloves were batting gloves (and they were some high dollar European ones at that.) The red shirt, IIRC, was a Pro Spirit shirt that you could find at Target. The mask was just a cheap red baklava (sp) and I don't think the pants were ever really identified other tha being generic sweat pants w/red stripes down the legs.

Give me a couple days and I'll see if I can find the correct gloves again. But like I said, I remember them to be like 200.00 bucks or something crazy like that. :eek

BTW, I think your costume looks just fine the way it is.

Thanks.

It worked out great for halloween. Made it for the wife, but luckily I made it with a large enough shirt do wear it myself. but I would still like to find the right gloves/shoes eventually.. not that it really matters to anyone who sees it (other than prop geeks) I think my wife got "WoW thats a really CHEAP & crappy attempt at a spidy costume" and "its too baggy". :)

:lol

few other pics I've seen out there.

[image]http://spiderfan.org/fans/costumes/images/welington_franca.jpg[/image]

The gloves were Easton Redline Pro Red/White and were priced around $60.00. They can be found in black/white still, but the red/white and other color combinations seem to have been discontinued.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back