Aliens Dropship helmet part ID

Bug Stomper

Hi all!

So wtf am I doing in the Studio Scale modelling section?
The point is I need to ID this part and I guess if anyone can help me than you guys here:

0253001.jpeg

What I do know is that this is the left side engine cover from a (most likely) 1:12 scale Harley-Davidson. The part is special because of the small hole in the recess of the larger cone and because there are no additional details in the rounded-off rectangular recess in between the two cones.

So anyone here who detailed his spaceship with one of these?

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
Hi Stefan,

This is a picture of a 1/6th scale Harley and the part looks right on.

Is 1/6th scale too large ?

Regards,

Gerry

Hi all!

So wtf am I doing in the Studio Scale modelling section?
The point is I need to ID this part and I guess if anyone can help me than you guys here:

0253001.jpeg

What I do know is that this is the left side engine cover from a (most likely) 1:12 scale Harley-Davidson. The part is special because of the small hole in the recess of the larger cone and because there are no additional details in the rounded-off rectangular recess in between the two cones.

So anyone here who detailed his spaceship with one of these?

Cheers,
Stefan

Hey Jerry,

That does look spot on...but the part is definiteley smaller. What make of kit is that?

Hi Jerry,

thanks a lot for that picture! 1/6 scale is definitely too big, but it may help with some questions:

- The small hole in the larger cone is for a locating pin for a disk that is put into the circular recess, correct? It's not for a food peg or something like that.

- The recess between the two cone is also made for a part to be inserted there, correct?

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

That is correct. A cover does fit into the circular recess.

Gerry

quote=Bug Stomper;501600]Hi Jerry,

thanks a lot for that picture! 1/6 scale is definitely too big, but it may help with some questions:

- The small hole in the larger cone is for a locating pin for a disk that is put into the circular recess, correct? It's not for a food peg or something like that.

- The recess between the two cone is also made for a part to be inserted there, correct?

Cheers,
Stefan[/quote]

Hi Stefan,

The recess between the two cones is for the footpeg.

Gerry

Hi Jerry,

Cheers,
Stefan

Gerry,

thanks for looking into this! If I see this right you can do several versions of the primer case (is that the correct term for this part?):
7709449.jpeg

You can either place part 3 or part 5 into the recess 2 and then you may choose between part 4 or part 6 for recess 1. If you use part 4 the footpeg goes through part 4 into the hole in recess 1. Correct?

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

That is correct.

Gerry

Gerry,

thanks for looking into this! If I see this right you can do several versions of the primer case (is that the correct term for this part?):
7709449.jpeg

You can either place part 3 or part 5 into the recess 2 and then you may choose between part 4 or part 6 for recess 1. If you use part 4 the footpeg goes through part 4 into the hole in recess 1. Correct?

Cheers,
Stefan

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back