TMP Iron Man CONTEST! Winning price: Iron Man helmet.

TMP

Sr Member
Just wanted to show the Ironman helmet progress on this section since i understand allot dont read the costume section.

Anyway here is the photo.

TMP_IRONMAN_PROJECT_LIFESIZE.jpg

More info on the armor/ costume project can be found in the Costume section.
http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=34519

IRON MAN CONTEST!

I am looking for someone who can supply me with light system for the eyes. I need the eyes to light up and for it to be visible from the inside and out.

The person who can supply me with the best suitible system and can deliver these i will award with a FREE IRONMAN HELMET.

REQUIREMENTS!

• No visible led lights bulbs.
  • It has to look as close to the movie version.
  • It must be battery powered.
  • The wearer must look out of the mask without beeing blinded by light.
  • The person looking at him must se the lights light up.
  • The person needs to make one sample to show for.
The person who can deliver me 6 sets of eyes will get a HELMET FOR FREE. Finished painted, ready to wear.

LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!

Send me a PM with your proposal and i will return you with an email for you to subitt your idea and product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TMP Iron Man helmet sculpt progress.

As I said in your other thread, this is an amazing sculpt, great work and keep going!!! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

You know, i know nothing about Iron Man, absolutely nada!!

But with all the great work going on with helmet and armour scuplts etc, its really sparked my interest. I've never been into comic books, but i'm going to start looking into Ironman and finding out a little more about him, before the movie comes out.

Your work looks fantastic, i'm always bowled over with the amount of talent brought together on this board, well done, yours is up there with the greats!!

The helmet is not done yet. I se some areas we will change. the grove that goes out from each eye is placed wrong.

Ramiel. The detail you talk about its all there but not fisihed sculpted. The photo you show may trick your eye a bit if you meen the cap. Its only one angle and not flat front.

The vent shaft on top of the head will also be made.

This design will make the faceplate able to be removed while still having the helmet on.

This is the "lid" I was talking about, that sort of "eyebrows", I don't know if it will be in the movie helmet or if it was done just for the poster... Anyway here it is:
20kocd5.jpg

Thst lid you reffer to is there on the sculpt. for that poster it looks like its an vertical shape I while the movie version has a / shape.

The movie poster gives the wrong idea.

Ok, thanks, I asked because I couldn't see it in the pics... Maybe a close up could help...:love

Well, close up photos.. Oooook.. :lol

Nhaaa. No no no.:rolleyes Changed my mind.

Not yet. :love
Not untill we changed it to the way we are satisfied with. Need to take a mould, from that pull we will sand it down and clean the details and then again take a final mold from that and make a clean perfect sculpt.

Its a big helmet. And i want to show it on the statue with the arms.

The gauntlets are progressing well. We are still looking into having a storage room in these for the wearer to have credicard, money or a cell phone.:)

The hands are beeing made now with the details of the palm of the hands.

once that is done we will make the feet. Still unsure how to tackle that.
I belive ABS plastic chaped in detailed sheets will be the best way to go.
This way the plastick sheets can lay in overlapping layers making it even more realistic as far as overlapping armor. These plastic sheets need to be riveted on the boot.

Great contest, TMP. What about a mirrored lense that reflects a soft light back out at the viewer, but not the person wearing the helmet? I have no idea if that is even viable, just trying to figure that one out for muhself.

Great challenge!
I have to do some tests.
It will be hard to see well throw the eyes sockets, these are too narrow, but anyway I will try...
Regards.

Martin

All are welcome to join this contest. I want to se the variouse options people bring. Several minds work better than one.

Looking forward to se your're contributions.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back