Painting tips needed

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am working on a few side projects, and I am about to start a new paintjob. I want the finish to be a bronze antique finish, and I am sort of stumped about it.

I know with gold you start with a primer, then a glossy red, then the gold paint to give it that "luster" look, and with silver you start with primer, go with a glossy black look and it gives it that "aged/bright" look.

For bronze though... I would like some "shine" on it but nothing really fancy. Would flat black make a good base to start from?

Kinda stumped :redface

Any helps appreciated.

At Michaels I recently saw a line of paints that simulate different metal and patina finishes. I think they actually have metal particles in suspension. They look pretty nice! One of them was called Oiled Bronze, which is a darkened bronze finish.
I can't remember the name of the company that makes them though. :$

Awesome!

Thanks for the tips (and links). I will check out micheals later on this week and see what they have available.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back