Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy)

syborwolf

Hey all,
Here is a replica Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1.
I finished it from a blank pull from a Nightmare mold.
The Nightmare was made off an actual 75 Kirk mask (which was the mask they used to make the Michael Myers mask for the movie)
I painted it to look as though it was painted with a rattle can, like the movie mask. I also painted the mask with fleshtones first like the original Kirk and allowed some of the fleshtones to show through the white coverup paint, as on the original mask.
The hair is hand dyed Mohair, which I darkend again after I applied it to the mask. Supposedly the Hero mask's hair was darkened this way as well.
I added glue lines on each side of the mask's sideburn areas to simulate where the hair of the original Hero was removed, and the glue lines were then painted over.
Here are the pics:
2008_0114new0019copys.jpg

2008_0114new0027copys.jpg

2008_0114new0035copys.jpg

2008_0114new0028copys.jpg

2008_0114new0034copys.jpg

2008_0114new0043copys.jpg

2008_0114new0044copys.jpg

2008_0114new0030copys.jpg

2008_0114new0033copys.jpg

2008_0114new0020copys.jpg

Joe

very nice work !!!

however there's something a little off about the hair on top that kind of gives it a bit of a Kramer (Seinfeld) look

I could be wrong (I'm going to have to watch the movie again to check)

Thank you for the comments.

very nice work !!!

however there's something a little off about the hair on top that kind of gives it a bit of a Kramer (Seinfeld) look

I could be wrong (I'm going to have to watch the movie again to check)

Actually, I studied quite a few screen caps and pics of the screenused mask to style the hair....here are a few of the pics I tried to recreate:
hall1.jpg

8d5d9206.jpg

7219a99d.jpg

2mrxhdk.jpg

PDVD_0042-1.jpg

yeah my bad

I watched a few scenes & noticed you got it right on the money

I think the low lighting from the movie threw me off a little

Nick Castle is a friend of mine and I think he would approve of this mask for sure. LOOKS GREAT!! Here is Nick and I at his house one night over dinner.

NickMontage.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back