U.S.S. Reliant, 36 inch DeBoer Hulls model

You are probably right there, but I haven´t noticed that the curvature of the saucer is off - so at least it´s not that obvious I think moving the sensors will do most of the job, also in regards to the back of the ship. The fine line that goes to the back from the sensors has to be about 1/3 or 1/4th within the sensors. I think the front section is much more important because of the red stripes. It would look odd if the stripes will not line up with the sensor.

Tobias

My plan was to remove the sensors and move further in towards the center. But I will glue the saucer sections together first. not sure how stable the model will be once the sensors are removed.

Not sure yet how to change the torpedo pylon. Either scratch buitl a new one, or try to bend the original one.

I uploaded a couple more pictures.

Tim

Originally posted by Ketzer.com@Mar 5 2006, 12:14 PM
My plan was to remove the sensors and move further in towards the center. But I will glue the saucer sections together first. not sure how stable the model will be once the sensors are removed.

Not sure yet how to change the torpedo pylon. Either scratch buitl a new one, or try to bend the original one.

I uploaded a couple more pictures.

Tim
[snapback]1199173[/snapback]​

sensors look to be in the right spot...

KK

I'm not sure how Dennis missed a detail like that. :confused I bought what he said would probably be the last Enterprise a couple of years ago (unless he's decided to made new molds) and as you all know from the pics on Tim's site it's absolutely gorgeous. I don't see how Dennis missed a detail like the sensor position because of his attention to all the other details. I know the studio Reliant was completely scratchbuilt, and even a different scale than the Enterprise, but I never noticed the curve of the primary hull being different. It looks like it should be an easy fix. Tim, I hope my Big E looks half as good as yours when I get it done. I'm sure the Reliant will be every bit the museum piece your E is. Awesome job. :thumbsup

Bill

new pics added today.

I removed the sensors.

reliant_sensor_cut.jpg

Tim

Originally posted by tobiasrichter@Mar 11 2006, 12:57 PM
gulp....
[snapback]1203537[/snapback]​

Yeah, I dunno if I can fix that, so I will make this look like battle damage, if you don't mind.

;)

Tim

Originally posted by Ketzer.com@Mar 10 2006, 06:27 PM
new pics added today.

I removed the sensors.

reliant_sensor_cut.jpg

Tim
[snapback]1203259[/snapback]​

Last time I had this feeling was when I saw part of a reverse vasectomy on TV. :eek:

Watching this one to the end though. :p

Nice cut, Tim. Do you envision having to rebuild the sensors or at least their base to accomodate the different angle they'll be sitting on? Or will the difference be barely noticed? I know it's only 1/4 inch or so, but it looks like it's at a point where the hull has started to shoot upward more sharply.

The sensors are still in one piece (each). I don't think I will have to change them much. I am going to trim the domed piece and attach it seperately from the top half.

Tim

Yowza.... Now how do you make the windows around the sensors look right? I'm sure you can do the best thing, but won't they look too close together from a top view? It's a can of worms in Pandora's Box you've just opened.

KK

I would have had to move ALL the windows over to match the sensor, but hopefully, nobody will notice that they are off a little. I did move a couple windows though.

Tim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevoris @ May 8 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]1240753[/snapback]</div>
Hey, Tim.

Any progress on the Reliant recently? She's always been one of my favorite ships. :)

Bill
[/b]

Nope. Got side tracked by two 23inch Eagles from Space 1999. Once these are done, I will get back to the Reliant.

Actually, I just checked my site. :unsure Not all the pictures are there yet. I will upload some more withoin the next few days.
The model is put together.

Tim

Ok Tim, in the picture below, what are the tubes in the dish section for? Or are those the cold cathodes? I ask because it looks like they're hollow tubes.....

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back