U.S.S. Reliant, 36 inch DeBoer Hulls model

Those are square aluminum tubes that were added by the maker of the kit. They are supposed to keep the saucer from warping, but I dunno if they were neccessary.

Tim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aegis159 @ May 12 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]1243303[/snapback]</div>
you didn't mind me using your pic did you?
[/b]

Nope. I don't mind people using any of my pictures on my site as long as they do not remove the Ketzer.com logo, use them on THEIR webistes, THEIR ebay auctions or therelike.

:)

Tim

<div class='quotetop'>(Aegis159 @ May 12 2006, 06:05 AM) [snapback]1243063[/snapback]</div>
Ok Tim, in the picture below, what are the tubes in the dish section for? Or are those the cold cathodes? I ask because it looks like they're hollow tubes.....
[/b]
If it's the same as my Enterprise the tubes are just that,hollow tubes.

They are used to help support the saucer shape and are needed.

I just started painting the Reliant:

http://www.ketzer.com/reliant

The pictures show the model primed. It is already painted white, but I ran out of white paint, and there are still a few small spots that are not perfectly white... :cry
I should receive new paint on Tuesday.

Those tubes you see in the top of the saucer are for stability reasons. The kit came that way.
Although I am now thinking I should have removed them. With the top saucer glued to the ring of the bottom half, the saucer section should be strong enough without them.

Tim

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I should receive new paint on Tuesday.[/b]

200px-JohnHarriman2293.jpg

Another 'Ruck-ism' is born. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(captjustc @ May 22 2006, 05:03 AM) [snapback]1248414[/snapback]</div>
If the 1701A is any indication, this is going to be awesome. What are the plans for lighting?
[/b]

Lighting will be a nice addition to this model

I don't know where to begin with this...

It is a piece I have wanted done accurately since WOK was released.

I cannot wait to see your finished product..

I really like the way you opened up the bottom of the saucer.... Officer Thinking.

Genius, actually...

I'm going to do that (or something similar) on my PL refit. That'll save may a vulgarity.

Dave

Nice.. I too have longed for a decent Reliant model. I remember an article way back in the 80's where someone kitbashed the Enterprise kit and made a Reliant from it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back