Wonder Falls stuff

sycor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've been re-watching Wonder Falls on dvd and was wondering if anyone had made a lion or one of the talking creatures.

You can buy the 'reading monkey' bookend all day long on eBay. The lion is pricey, though. The viewmaster on the cover is a hard to find model.

The Wax lion that you can find on ebay is not correct. It should say Niagara Falls. and the back of the base should not have anything on (inprint) in it. The View master is a mark II model. The big Question is which color do you go with. The Red - like the one on the DVD Box Cover OR the Black one - The one Jaye using in the open credits???

Wonderfalls is one of my favorite shows, very quirky and fun, love it! Always wanted to buy one of the wax lions on ebay, but as stated before there not correct, and went for way to much!!!

Yeah I've seen the ones on eBay and wasn't very impressed. Was hoping someone here had made one.

The lions on ebay were ones produce specifically as giveaways by Fox. Aside from the "Wonderfalls" title that's suppose to be "Niagara Falls" and the material it's made of what other differences is there?

Almost a year ago, there was a seller with a wonderfalls lion with the Niagara Falls wording, but I forgot to bid on it. Also, there was a seller that sold the actual wind-up metal penguin that was used in one of the episodes.

The Wax lion that you can find on ebay is not correct. It should say Niagara Falls. and the back of the base should not have anything on (inprint) in it. The View master is a mark II model. The big Question is which color do you go with. The Red - like the one on the DVD Box Cover OR the Black one - The one Jaye using in the open credits???
Because there's been a bit of an occasional flurry on Twitter about Wonderfalls, I figured it wouldn't hurt posting this on such an old thread - heck I landed on it, so why not? Anyway, you are correct but also incorrect. The lion(s) without anything on the back of the base were the actual props from the show and SUPER RARE, and you probably won't find it on eBay at any rate. The ones with FOX on the back were promos handed out by Fox and although pretty rare as well, not as much as the one(s) actually handled on the show. Either way, even the resin promo hand-out is a great find. There have been others making them out of wax, fairly decent ones, but those you'd definitely need to keep out of any heat!

I bought one of the promo lions years ago. It never said a word since I got it.
Mine, either! That's how I knew it had to be a knock-off :lol:

Attachments

• Wonderfalls Smushed Lion replica.jpg
    Wonderfalls Smushed Lion replica.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
I've had one of these forever... It's in my bathroom - with a reading monkey that wasn't brass, so I rub-n=buff'd it to look thus...

I'll have to look what's on my lion when I get home... pretty sure it's one of the promo ones.

I wanted to get the monkey so bad but I could never find one.
I believe I got it at Barnes and noble back when the show was on. Couldn’t find it in brass so I followed a guy on this sites tutorial for painting fake brass statues to look like the Disney haunted mansion ones…

Can’t remember the dudes name

Just looked online and while I can find image, can’t seem to find a sale

But the sheer amount of em at the time, they must show up on eBay

Awww. Maybe now? I'm lucky that I have an aversion to monkeys and didn't want one of those myself. But even so, getting the lion when I did was pure luck 10 years ago, so never give up :D

Fair aversion… I fought that myself. I am not a monkey fan at all.

Little a-holes will rip off your face hands and d*ck…. Cannot trust!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back