T-16 skyhopper

You're thinking of the Lars family speeder which is parked in the dark. The black speeder 3PO hides behind (it's painted white during the Tunisia shoot).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lars_landspeeder.jpg

Here's Luke playing with the model size version of the T-16 (concept model built by Cantwell) with the full size one in the background (behind R2).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:LarsGarage.jpg

The walkway into the house runs right behind the T-16's engine exhaust.
The nose of the family speeder can be see on the far left.

Wow, I'd never noticed that there - thanks!

Maybe this will help spur this kit along.

Scot

griffineh0.png

WOW..I missed seeing it at CE..man, I wish I would have known..

great pics chris..

nice logo OA..

interest seems to be building??

Nice Jason! I have those original (1978) blueprints and i still have plenty of the original heat sinks that is on the hopper, if anyone needs one pm me your mailing info and i`ll send ya one!

Jason,
it was nice seeing other angles of the pirate ship. I have really only seen two pics. Interesting that he used threaded lamp rod.

Thanks

Great photos! So does anyone recognize any of the greeblies on the skyhopper?

I'd love those original blueprints as well!

:)

the blueprints only show the fullsize mockup, and not the whole craft, and the numbers are really hard to see, i use a magnifying glass to see some of them.

Well, I dunno if this can fit in the studio scale section or not, I assume none of us know the actual measurements of this beast, but I've taken an artist inspired crack at the sucker in Google Sketchup.

t16skyhopper01.jpg

t16skyhopper02.jpg

t16skyhopper03.jpg

t16skyhopper04.jpg

t16skyhopper05.jpg

t16skyhopper06.jpg

This is by no means finished, just where I'm at after a couple of days learning the program and looking at reference photos.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back