New Knight Rider

Cibernite

I'm sure you all know that NBC The TV Network Paired with Universal Studios is bringing back Knight Rider. What do you think of them using a Shelby Mustang GT? It will be the Knight Industries Three Thousand. In My opnion, I like it. But I want to know what you think.

I'm sure you all know that NBC The TV Network Paired with Universal Studios is bringing back Knight Rider. What do you think of them using a Shelby Mustang GT? It will be the Knight Industries Three Thousand. In My opnion, I like it. But I want to know what you think.

I dont know what else they could do really, since Firebirds are no longer made.

Vettes and Vipers are too much.

I am no 'stang basher but it just doesn't look right.

The plot I read bothered me more.
Disgruntled war veteran fighting evil military contractors or some such nonsense.

Im a mustang fan but I'm not sure it looks right. I think its more of a marketing strategy now. Trying to revive the show and sell cars at the same time lol

Let's not forget that rumor has it that KITT is a transformer as well....

Sheesh!

As if "The Bionic Dark Angel, 'Alias' Woman" Wasn't bad enough!:sick

I liked the new mustangs, but not as KITT. Especially the shelby gt version. Its even more flat nosed than the regular mustang. KITT should be a lot more sharp edged on the front bumper. You'd think they could have put up a little money and done some custom body work. But I'm sure it was a big marketing thing. Having worked with marketing types in the past, I can just see some suit in a board room saying, "Just think, the classic all american car show knight rider and the all american classic car the mustang together!"

The other thing is this new version will have minor shape shifting/ color changing abilities for its surface. Regular mode its got racing stripes and is more gunmetal. "attack mode" is solid gloss black with a weird looking spoiler, a different looking grill, and a bar or two across the headlights. Probably not even a cool transformation sequence like the show Viper.

I had found a youtube video where they brought out the three different filming vehicles. If a find it again I'll post the link.

As an owner of a black 2006 mustang. I like the idea of it. The GT500 front end is definately more aggressive looking than the standard mustang front end and the KR hood looks cool as well. I'm not to crazy about the pimped out look of super persuit mode but I didn't like the same thing on the original show when I was a little kid. I hope they keep that part to a minimum. I would also hope they have a cameo by the original kitt since the Hoff is supposed to cameo in it as well.

Here's some pics

http://mustangs.about.com/od/mustangphotogalleries/ig/Knight-Rider-KITT-Mustang/

Last edited:
Will the Hoffmeister come back as the dude driving the truck?

Just waiting for the new Street Hawk and Airwolf now! :cool

Hmmm... Maybe they should've gotten some advance copies of the '09 Camaro and modified it into a concept Firebird/K.I.T.T? I like the 'Stang, but for this it just doesn't seem right.

They should have used my car that was in the last made for T.V. movie. I think it would have been cool to see my car do lots of tricks like the old shows car did. Now the studio did call me and they where going to use my car in a scene of the new movie but the new Mustang is the Knight 3000 and my car is the Knight 4000 and so they said well we can't explain that so maybe we can use your car later if we do a series.

I agree, there is only one K.I.T.T

All they had to do was grab a few firebirds and make em badass.

I'll be surprised if they pull this off, turned me off already, I find the Shelby ugly in general.

as a car fan it looks cool, a bit Pimp my Ride, but truthfully people- thats who the show is going to be aimed at really, no?
In this day and age, with so many people customising, its not like there are a shortage of people who could do something unique, rather than a production model,funky bonnet and a few red guages......
Speaking as a Brit, it should be an Aston Martin anyway. hehe.

I think the new Mustang is one of the best looking cars in the last 20 years. I like it better than both the Vette and the new Camaro... and even more than those high priced Italian cars that are usually red or yellow.

But KITT should not be anything other than a Firebird, or at least a custom built car that has the same feel. KITT should be a low "sneaker" of a muscle car. The Mustang is much to high and butch. Honestly, the late model Ram Airs and Firehawks (like the one Angel drives in the last season of that show) would have made a great KITT, with some mods.

I mean, two mins on google and thats much better, thanks !!!

aston_martin_9_middle.jpg

minority_report_lexus.jpg

I would have thought that the producers would want to pick a car that kids would want to dream of owning. Something that looks hi-tech and futuristic.

Pesonally I would have modifed the Lamborghini Murcielago.
lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-2.jpg

lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-1.jpg

Why spend the money on a big fancy car, when the show's only going to last six episodes? :lol

I would have thought that the producers would want to pick a car that kids would want to dream of owning. Something that looks hi-tech and futuristic.

Pesonally I would have modifed the Lamborghini Murcielago.
lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-2.jpg

lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-1.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back