Showoff Thread For Any Aliens Props, Please Post You Pics!!!

Always love to bump this thread.

Tweaked my "bar" display after I acquired a Savanna Bronica Lighter and painted up some "plaques" to display the character specific stuff.
20150118_155029.jpg
20150118_154950.jpg
20150118_154944.jpg

Giving this thread a deserved bump. I just wish others would add their Aliens collection pics to this thread. I am working on my Aliens display now but still probably at least a few months before it is camera ready.

I noticed in at least two photos there are some Gerber knives - the classic MK2 (double edge with serrations) and a smaller "boot" knife (double edge with no serrations). Is that smaller knife the Gerber MK1?

I noticed in at least two photos there are some Gerber knives - the classic MK2 (double edge with serrations) and a smaller "boot" knife (double edge with no serrations). Is that smaller knife the Gerber MK1?

The smaller knife from the film, carried by 6 marines including Hicks, is technically a "Scalemead Survival" knife. That is the polished blade version of an "Explorer Night Raider". They are the same knife but the "Night raider" has a black oxide finish on the blade. They are also easy to spot with their screw on cap/bases which reveal a hollow handle. Night Raiders are far more easily found so most people get those.

The larger knife (carried only by Hudson) is actually a Gerber Mk 2 "clone". Hudson carried a 'copy' of a Gerber mk2, There are subtle differences on the guard and in the sheath that give it away. But the real Gerbers and casts of the actual Mk 2 are easily found and very popular. Most people get those, plus its a damn fine knife (especially the older ones).

Anyways... finished up some projects so I updated my wall!

20150502_200131.jpg
20150502_200148.jpg
20150502_200158.jpg

The smartgun up top is very much a WIP. I am also working on a Hicks Shotgun that incorporates actual Ithaca 37 parts that is not pictured.
The 'PMC' head is more of a placeholder/funny bit to me than a serious 'prop' attempt, but you know I kind of like it.

Last edited:
Quite the awesome wall of awesomeness, bigbisont. Reminds me that I, too, need way more USCM weapons like you have on display.

Got a replica of Brett's hat recently from BBTS, also a Tupperware cup which I still need to find decals for. Really nice patches on the hat.

Last edited:
Awesome props out there everyone, great collections. Here is my small corner in my pred room.

Attachments

• bishop.jpeg
    bishop.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • DSCN1096.JPG
    DSCN1096.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
Been a year since I last posted. Made some good progress since then!
-All metal armor build (hand hammered by me)
-Smartgun completed
-Hicks shotgun (many real ithaca 37 parts) done
-Smartgun headset (mostly real parts)
-A real parts motion tracker
-dozens of random little things I am forgetting

20160430_160732.jpg
20160612_171341.jpg

Excellent props and display ideas, everyone!! As for me, still trying to get settled in to the new place. This is all I have ready to show for now. :)

img19.jpg

I have a decent sized ALIENS collection that I've already posted pictures of. Recently however, I was watching ALIENS and saw that a tool box that was carried by one of the colonists in the extended version of the movie, was the box the drill came in...the drill that was used as the motion tracker.

I remembered I had the same box and decided to recreate the tool box. I also added some extra stuff just to fill it and make it more interesting.

Attachments

• tb1.jpg
    tb1.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 84
  • tb2.jpg
    tb2.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 74
  • tb3.jpg
    tb3.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 76
  • tb4.jpg
    tb4.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 67
  • tb5.jpg
    tb5.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 61
  • tb6.jpg
    tb6.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 77
I have that box! What a great idea.

I have a decent sized ALIENS collection that I've already posted pictures of. Recently however, I was watching ALIENS and saw that a tool box that was carried by one of the colonists in the extended version of the movie, was the box the drill came in...the drill that was used as the motion tracker.

I remembered I had the same box and decided to recreate the tool box. I also added some extra stuff just to fill it and make it more interesting.

Here is your company OOLBOX. Notice there is no "T" in it. Please keep it that way.

-MJ

Attachments

• shot0002.jpg
    shot0002.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 111
  • shot0004.jpg
    shot0004.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 108
  • shot0003.jpg
    shot0003.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 121
Mike J., that first picture is exactly what got me started, thanks for posting it!

Kurtyboy, that Alien pistol looks great! I have a kit of the same thing and I really need to get working on it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back