There has to be something better - TOS Shuttlecraft build

Hmmm...I think you should offer your kit BUT because it is TWICE as big as RC's and will take up TWICE the room I think yours should be half the price...yup.....well, c'mon...there ARE no Jedi Mind Tricks in TREK...had to give it a try.... :)

A stunning achievement (and modest to boot).

Congrats on one of the most original pieces I've seen here in a long time......

Gene

Feek61 -
I have always been a die-hard star wars fan, but the Replica Prop Forum has started to change my DNA. Your TOS Shuttle build is a gorgeous example of why. :love

Congratulations!

-DM

Last edited:
This is absolutely fantastic. I had heard rumors that MR was going to do a studio scale TOS shuttle, but nothing was announced. If you do decide to do a kit at some point, consider me to be first on the list. And thanks for taking the time to chronicle the build from the get go.

Wow. A stunning piece.

Did I already mention that instead of the acrylic display base with triangle lights, you should put it on a planet base and have a huge ape-like creature banging on the top of the shuttle with jagged boulder? You could even motorize the ape-man's arms so they move the boulder up and down, simulating the smashing of the roof.

Or not. :)

Again, a FANTASTIC piece -- thanks for sharing all the cool photos.

Excellent Work!!!

OH MY!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek

THIS... IS... BEAUTIFUL feek61!!! :love:love:love:love I am well interested in this. ;)

FANTASTIC job sir! :thumbsup
:cool:thumbsup

zSide3.jpg

zside2.jpg

zside.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

Here is a video of the completed warp effect:

Thanks guys for the kudos. I must say this model would have sucked had I not found this website. The work here is very inspirational. I am particularly impressed with the work REL has done. His work has really MADE be do better work after seeing what can be done. He is not the only one; I owe thanks to many. When I finally finish this Galileo I'm planning on doing a shuttlepod from "Enterprise." I'm sure that will take a few years :lol

I have not had time to finish up the Galileo but I'm hoping to really wrap her up soon . . . . and of course pix will follow, lol

Will

Thanks guys for the kudos. I must say this model would have sucked had I not found this website. The work here is very inspirational... I have not had time to finish up the Galileo but I'm hoping to really wrap her up soon . . . . and of course pix will follow, lol

Well, when I get around to building my own TOS Shuttlecraft, I definitely plan on using your expose' here on the RPF as a modeling guide for my own! Thanks a bunch for the work you've done. It's a masterpiece! :cool

Wow, thank you guys so much. It's nice to hear from someone other than my wife (who hates it!!). Well I'm finally getting time to work on this a little more. Really all I have left is some touch-up and to build the real stand. The one it's on now is the test stand, lol. I'll try to post some pictures at the end of the weekend. Hopefully I will get a bunch done but be assured that the final stand will be in the TOS style . . .

(I think it's going to be kind of cool!!!!!!)

Will

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back