TITANIC props and replicas - what's out there?

ob1al

Sr Member
So, it's the biggest movie of all time...gotta be some cool props out there.

I've seen crockery, tickets, 'heart of the ocean' replicas, fireplaces, bits of imitation iceberg..

What do you have in your collection?

I'd love to see some pics of what folks have and how it's displayed.

Al

There's a guy on eBay who occasionally offers really nice copies of Smith's Captain's hat. Heavy wool, leather brim, thick, gold boullion crest and scrambled eggs. Usually he offers the dark blue version but I have seen him offer the white one a couple times. Just keep searching for "Titanic Hat" and one will turn up eventually. :)

-Sarge

I'm working on a 1/350 model (coming very slowly), as well as a large wall-sized blueprints, some posters, a replica of the china, TONS of paper replicas, TONS of b&w postcards, a replica of the bell, and a whole bunch of other replicas. I also have TONS of books, including Dr. Ballard's first print edition signed by Dr. Ballard AND a Titanic survivor (whom has now passed).

The weird thing is that I never wanted to own a real piece of the ship, despite the many oppertunities I've had over the years (coal, piece of the hull, misc items). I donno.

Oh yeah, and I own some original artwork (mine =).

I have a few items that I purchased from the J. Peterman Company, including a first class plate, brandy glass, ashtray, dinnerware, Heart of the Ocean replica and iife jacket.

My favorite items are (2) tartan deck blankets that are from the 1st & 2nd Class levels.

~Ron

I'm working on a 1/350 model (coming very slowly), as well as a large wall-sized blueprints, some posters, a replica of the china, TONS of paper replicas, TONS of b&w postcards, a replica of the bell, and a whole bunch of other replicas. I also have TONS of books, including Dr. Ballard's first print edition signed by Dr. Ballard AND a Titanic survivor (whom has now passed).

The weird thing is that I never wanted to own a real piece of the ship, despite the many oppertunities I've had over the years (coal, piece of the hull, misc items). I donno.

Oh yeah, and I own some original artwork (mine =).

I have been working on a 1/350th Titanic for a while myself... I'll be removing the lights I HAD added and putting in new ones here in the next few days (got a good deal on LED lights).
I have fiber optics installed and I'm going to include a little TARDIS that I made from scrap styrene.

I also have a smaller scale model of it that I'll be making into a wrecked version as she lays now.

I have the necklace, whistle, butterfly hair comb and Jacks sketch of Rose.....

However, Im still looking for the 'other' sketches Jack Dawson drew in titanic:
- the ones he drew in Paris
- the lady with the beautiful hands etc
and his leather portfolio case?

Any info on where I might be able to find these would be great

Thanks

I also have added a third class blanket and the Heart of the Ocean.

I've also been collecting Kodak cameras from around that era. I actually have a 1912 Kodak folding camera (complete with the instruction manual!!!) though it's the Brownie that the passenger had (both in the movie and in real life). I think the guy's name was Francis Browne (Father Browne?).

There was also a videographer onboard (probably not a true "video" camera but rather something akin to a kinescope.

If anyone wants to check out my movie props, or Titanic Items, my whole collection can be seen here... its growing, always looking to add to it. :) Feel free to sign my guestbook. Just click under pictures, I have about 40 pics of all my props:

www.rms-titanic.webs.com

Not a "prop" per se, but I've been building and sinking model Titanic replicas for a number of years:

Model Titanic Sinks 2: Bigger Model, More Angles

I know it's in questionable taste among die-hard Titanic mavens, but I always found it fascinating that building a scale model to spec (with properly proportioned internal bulkheads, etc) and putting a hole in it leads to the same result.

I have Rose's Drawing, Her bed side photo's, 2 actual pieces of Titanic coal, menu's, tickets, etc

Pieces of coal from the movie or down on the ocean floor because that would be so cool.I got my friend the necklace replica and am thinking of getting her a rose sketch printed out.

Last edited:
Pieces of coal from the movie or down on the ocean floor because that would be so cool.I got my friend the necklace replica and am thinking of getting her a rose sketch printed out.

*Slaps Forehead*

"Honey... I want you to look like this. Exactly like this...."

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back