Santa Claus Conquers the Martians! Found Prop!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Heh, I was watching this the other night and thought I recognized the rayguns the Martians were packing-

s8.jpg

It looks like they were off-the-shelf Wham-o Air Blasters from the 60's :)

Looks like they're pretty pricey, but I might have to chase one down one of these days. :thumbsup

-Sarge

Man... that takes me back! I believe they were also available in the late 70s since my neighbor had one then.

Good fun! I remember it would knock over paper figures we set up from about ten feet away :)

Y'all realize the movie is a thinly disguised retelling of The Iliad, right? :)

The Martians kidnap Santa, take him back to Mars.
Humans are apparantly coming to rescue him. (Mentioned if not shown.)
The Martians are divided over whether to keep him of send him back.
Dropo dresses like Santa and is mistakenly attacked.

And the non-MST3K version seems like it's 10 years long...

:D

Last edited:
I still have my late 70's incarnation of the Air Blaster, and it still works! Many of the older ones suffered from dry rot, and I have to assume mine will also, eventually. The newer version had an orange cone on the "barrel".

S-A-N-T-A-C-L-A-U-S, HOORAY FOR SANTY CLAUS!!!! It's finds like this that make this place so much fun lol

Dave C

The Martain rifle was also a toy. I used to know which one, but it has been years since I have seen the movie. But as I recall, it is pretty easy to figure out which one it was, probably a Johnny 7 OMA.

The movie "Cyborg 2087" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060272/ ) used toy guns as props too. Michael Rennie's stun gun was a Topper, Multi-Pistol 09, and the future soldiers lasers were Remco, Hamilton's Invaders Grenade Pistols. This was also modified to be the first season laser pistol on LIS, although they probably used the Monkey Divison version because it was not chrome plated.

David.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back