Medical Frigate part ID help

Looks like a long,threaded rod with a hex nut on the end and the rest looks like scratch built.A bunch of plastic stacked/glued onto one another or some existing part or miscilaneous throw away piec of junk they decided to throw into the mix of building it,but this is a WILD guestimation.ILM does have a laser cutting machine(not sure if they had one in 1978-79) so it could have been some simple part they drew up in CAD and cut out the parts on sheet stock and sandwiched everthing together.

I have a feeling that I'd seen this part in it's raw form from the same company that sells the X-Wing heat sink part and that this part is also a heat sink of some type on a larger scale. Maybe worth emailing a pic to them for advice or trawling through their catalogue!.
Stu

A heat sink of some type would be very heavy at 17" long... since they are primarily made of metal...

It does look like a pirce from a printer or copy machine some type of paper guide. And 17 inches is a common paper size, but rollers are usually round, so I do not think its a "moving" part.

Jedi Dade

So I'm at lunch and look over at the adjacent gas station and they have two satellite dishes on their wall. Both have something that looks vaguely familiar.
Orion%20Satellite%20Dish.JPG

I know squat about dishes...but what little research I can dig, I think the part is called a feedhorn...or a feed horn. The one I'm showing here looks way off, however the ones I saw look much closer to the frigate's donor.

I realize this is just a bread crumb and could be a dead end...but thought I'd throw it out there.

It looks thermal...

What about baseboard style heating that pumps through hot water. Sometimes the radiator fins are small, but they usually aren't squared off like that.

It kind of looks like the core of a beater bar from a vacuum or other cleaning machine with the bristles removed. That long, consistent slot down the sides would be the hair channel for cutting mattes off the bar.

FYI, to help with the viewing, he doesn't get to the said part until the 8:00-ish minute mark. I presume we some polish speaking folks here at the RPF?

Id be amazed to hear what the part is, but, seeing as a lot of the build is idealised and handmade, the same may be said about that lower part......cant wait to hear a possible translation though.
Utterly fantastic build though, not many will ever achieve anything close to that!

lee

if someone understand Polish , I think this gentleman really knows what is the part in question

I do not understand Polish, but I hear "fish tank filter" (model americanski).

The spherical structure on the rear module is a web cam by the way.

I know someone with Polish family background and will ask him for a proper translation.

Cheers,
Falk

hi guys

glad to put "fire" to this thread again , i also put a friend of mine that knows Polish to help with this , if i have some feddback i will gladly inform the forum ,

i am with the project of building the Nebulon , gathering kits and drawing the base estructure is where i am , if someone can give some help with this subject it would be nice. Kbilly has done an incredible job identifing the donnor kis , i put a map of it in this forum

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back