Batman Suit Replicas

hammerbuff

Are you guys aware of this site?
http://www.gothampublicworks.com/
I have a batsuit from years ago from this artist; won't say his name to keep his identity private; however I can say that he is a brilliant sculptor and probably the best in the biz for the past 10 years. I sadly do not own my suit anymore; sold it off a few years ago. But I must say my next suit will be the Kilmer!!

Yelp! They really make a great team. And they really get into their characters which adds so much to the already fantastic costumes.

Yah great stuff. I am sure a few of them were at D-Con. Thegal who is Haley Quin ( spelling ? ) I am sure was there, same with he penguin.

There were so many Bat type costumes there that it was hard to tell if I saw one of their group in that or not. I think there were as many Batmen as there were of us as stormtroopers.

Yeah these guys are here in LA. I met up with the guy that plays Batman about 3 years ago at a costume contest...neither one of us won.

Jason15.jpg

jeepers, who the hell DID win the contest?! I gotta see that. It wasn't some dumb chewbacca costume that a bunch of other people were wearing was it?

Great set-up... Very impressive. Do you build these custom for orders? If so how much for the whole suit?

Actually I didn't make most of the suit pieces, I acquired them from other artists independently. The only thing I totally built myself is the display closet.

All said and done, I've probably spent a couple thousand on it, and I don't even have legs yet.

Actually I didn't make most of the suit pieces, I acquired them from other artists independently. The only thing I totally built myself is the display closet.

All said and done, I've probably spent a couple thousand on it, and I don't even have legs yet.
O, I see; well you're off to a good start.. I spent close to 3k, and that was about 10 years ago, now the suite he makes go for around 5 to 6k, and well worth it too! It's an investment, just like any replica we have made custom. Let's face it, how else are we going to get something movie quality or maybe even better! Ya get what ya pay for, bottom line.

This is me with my Clooney Batsuit from Gotham Public Works; they did the rubber pieces, I did all the paint job and mounted the rubber to my own body suit. I also made the Catwoman suit next to me. This is from quite a few years back, notice that it's a regular pic taken from my advantix Elf! I'll have to dig up some more and post them. Anyway those were the good old Chiller days at the Sheraton!
4498782.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back