new to RPF

PTK

great forum.

i just started collecting, mostly replica helmets, masks and weapons.
IMG_2731.jpg

obviously nowhere near as awesome as the collections that you guys have, but its a start.

Quick question, when will i be able to use The Junkyard? is it based on the amount of time that i'm a member or number of posts or something? sorry i'm new.

Thanks!

That is an interestingly nice mix you have there! Welcome to the RPF! :)

FYI, new Users are required to be a member of the RPF for more than 90 days and have a minimum post count of 20 before being authorized to post in the JY.

New Users are required to be a member of the RPF for more than 90 days and have a minimum post count of 20 before being authorized to post in the JY.

hi

You just started collecting... yet you have more masks and helmets than I do... and in superb quality I might add... do you mind if I grumble for a second.

Welcome and cool collection! :thumbsup

zorg, thanks for the info! much appreciated!
i'm reaaaally looking for a sauron helmet, terminator plasma rifle and kroenen mask, but can't post yet :(

agent, as for the darko mask, i'm not sure of the exact origins...as the story goes i guess a few copies were made from the original mold for gifts to the production, someone contacted a special effects artist friend of mine that had access to one of the original pieces and wanted my friend to mold it and make a paper mache copy for a costume party......he said sure, pulled a really nice silicone/fiberglass matrix mold off of the original, gave her back the original and paper mache copy, and kept the mold.....a bout a year back i was visiting him and i pulled 3 copies, one for my collection, and the other 2 i have to use for trades for other props :)

Quick question: how did you mount those Predator helmets?

i just went to a hardware store and bought some steel hooks (probably 3" total length, probably 1/8" thick) and some epoxy putty (propoxy, plummers putty, etc)

with some pliers i unbent the hooks slighty (so they were more L shaped than hook shaped)

gently sanded the back side of the 2 highest points on the helmets (the little horn shaped things at the top) and put a small amount of the mixed epoxy putty on there and blended it into the helmet a little bit (this is just to thicken up that area of the helmet slightly) then i took a 1/8" drill bit (or whatever diameter your hook is) and drilled just a tiny bit into that epoxy(not actually drilling into the mask material) then i possitioned the 2 hooks in the 2 holes i just made, and held it up to the wall and pressed the threaded end of the hooks into the wall to leave scratches where the hooks will go in, then i drilled the holes in the wall, cranked in the hooks, and hung the helmets :)

thanks for the kind words on the collection!
i also have a mac11 from Blade
a copy of the skeleton leg johnny dep used to paddle his coffin/boat in pirates 2,
davey jones key,
hellraiser puzzle box
robocop pistol
a crappy warped copy of the morita rifle from starship troopers
ghostbusters proton pack
idol and staff of rah from indiana jones
and currently working on an aliens pulse rifle and machine gun leg from planet terror

i just went to a hardware store and bought some steel hooks (probably 3" total length, probably 1/8" thick) and some epoxy putty (propoxy, plummers putty, etc)

with some pliers i unbent the hooks slighty (so they were more L shaped than hook shaped)

gently sanded the back side of the 2 highest points on the helmets (the little horn shaped things at the top) and put a small amount of the mixed epoxy putty on there and blended it into the helmet a little bit (this is just to thicken up that area of the helmet slightly) then i took a 1/8" drill bit (or whatever diameter your hook is) and drilled just a tiny bit into that epoxy(not actually drilling into the mask material) then i possitioned the 2 hooks in the 2 holes i just made, and held it up to the wall and pressed the threaded end of the hooks into the wall to leave scratches where the hooks will go in, then i drilled the holes in the wall, cranked in the hooks, and hung the helmets :)
Thanks. You just made my day! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back