Buffy's sword Factory X replica

Gman666

Have any members here purchased/received one yet? I am just wondering if I can get a review? I have been holding off on getting one due to the fact that it is "based" off of the sword used in the series. I hadn't seen one in person or able to determine the quality of the blade. I have seen places charging around $200.00 give or take. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Del Cid the sword type? I have seen those for half the price. They are not dead on to the one in the series but neither is the Factory X replica.

Buffy screen caps:
BUFFYS2D6-26.jpg

BUFFYS2D6-15.jpg

Factory X replica:
DSC09326.jpg

angelussword.jpg

Besides the difference in the shape of the blade, there are significant differences in the handle design. I would appreciate a review to see if the replica is worth getting or are they just charging $100 extra for the Buffy license. Please check out my other thread requesting info on the sword Angelus pulls from Acathla.
Help IDing Angelus's sword pulled from Acathla

Greg

I woudln't buy it, but that's just me. There are folks on this board who LOVE the "close enough" props, but I'm not one of those guys.

If you're going for accuracy, then I'd avoid it.

I was looking through some old posts and found this. I did a lot of research on both the swords used in the Acathla episode. The sword in question was a cheap knock-off of the del cid sword. The del cid sword is usually silver in color and the handle doesn't match. The sword I found (and own) was about $20 on the web. It has a brown wooden handle, and bronze hilt. It is an exact match to the screen used sword that Kendra brings Buffy. The site I found it on no longer exists, but try cheap sword sites like swords.com and such.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back